Flushing Radiator Question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
PWRD_BY_HKS

Flushing Radiator Question

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

Would it mess up the radiator if you use a pressure washer to flush it....i mean like those power washer guns they have at the car wash ....you see all these radiator questions is because hector and i are gonna do some work to my car and we just had a couple of questions since were getting the radiator from a junk yard
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

bump
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

That kind of pressure washing probably won't do much of anything extra for removing rad internal rust/scale deposits. Better to just first flush it with a regular hose and H2O as best ya can before installing, then add a deposit dissolving/flush additive after installation and follow directions to let that stuff circulate and then flush/remove per product instructions.
Image -Jim
neumann

Post by neumann »

Hey, I am no expert but I think it is an extremely bad idea, especially if the rad is old, you could just damage the core. Fill it with water. Drain. Fill it with coolant mixture.
My Summer car is a Porsche.
My Winter car is a 1994 Mazda MX-3 GS. 1.8L V6, K&N intake, Pacesetter Short Shift, Corksports SS Clutch line, Suspension Techniques lowered, Toyo Garit HTs for Winter Grip.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”