Projectors?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mx3optidrive

Projectors?

Post by mx3optidrive »

Just wondering if anyone ever contacted these guys to make a set for our cars?

http://izntrbl.vstore.ca/product_info.p ... ucts_id=87

Not sure if this is a repost but I think I am going to contact them if no one else did already.

Jeff
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Decent pricing and decent look too.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hharb

Post by hharb »

dude it's like 400$ for a stupid basic projector, if u add few thing you're running over 700$, do you honestly think many ppl would buy it when you can make your own for under 200$ :S
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

For a quick answer, yes I do think some owners would get these for that price. There were only a few mx owners that fabricated their own lights out of the oem headlights, which on average cost as much if not more than these would. The other option is the Civic projectors, which if you do not do it right you can ruin the lights and you are out the money. or you car get a set of headlights from another make and pay a body man to mold them into your car and you are definitely over what these guys are charging.

A lot of people are looking for direct bolt-in projectors and there have been many attempts at making these and only one person has actually made a mold for them that works and they are around the same price for just the mold with no lights. I believe it is actually Pat Diesel that makes these kits.

I just posted this for anyone that was looking for a place to get a set of projectors that actually fit the cars properly, like the ones Pat makes.
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

PATDIESEL wrote:Decent pricing and decent look too.
Agreed!! Retro fit into MX housing using the Valeo or Bosch as base components is solid. The value for the product is well within acceptable limits. I can see MX'rs who know there way around quality lighting will also recognize the merit of this. Excellent find there "optidrive"!! Would be nice to hear some members comments who decide to go this route. This is far and above much better than the Civic replacement or some of those fly by night HID conversions that those try to pick up from ebay.

:2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
hharb

Post by hharb »

I agree it's a good find, i mean now we know where to get projectors that fit our cars. but honestly sepnding $700 + for projector lights is a bit too much considering that most customized MXs won't sell for over 3000, I guess if you have the money and would spend it on apair of lights rather than spending it on an engine you're in :D. if i had the money i'd definately go for it. maybe a group buy could bring the price down and then it could become more affordable to poor MXers lol.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Perhaps this may put quality lighting costs into perspective. The link is for replacement light units (projector HID) from the 99 JDM 300zx for the 90 - 96 USDM 300zx.
http://www.z1motorsports.com/product_in ... ts_id=1102
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
illapino

Post by illapino »

i'd say $700 price range for this company to make u custom projectors is a decent price: carbon fiber hoods are $1200 to ship from USA to canada, distributors and alternators are $400 if bought at dealerships. think about it: this company would deserve that money if they did that type of work ... but by the looks of their images there, i think they basically are geared towards replacing lights themselves inside existing housings with halos and projectors. With our oem housings, i bet there's a whole slew of new bracketry needed to get any sort of two to three-bulb assortment going on in our housings. i think this company prefers to do easy 'bulb' swaps, that's all ...
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

hharb wrote:dude it's like 400$ for a stupid basic projector, if u add few thing you're running over 700$, do you honestly think many ppl would buy it when you can make your own for under 200$ :S
I see things never change the biggest block to getting parts for the MX-3 to market has always been other MX-3er. This is not directed at you specifically just that since 1998 when I was working with the aftermarket industry from 1997 to 2001 when there was a greater chance to get MX-3 products to market. Everytime I would send out a feeler message that this product or that product might be produced, someone would always post a message that it could do it cheaper then everyone would stop putting there support behind the developement of the product because were waiting for the other person to come through at this lower price. Take the original price of the MX-3 euro taillights they started out at $500-600 then dropped to around $150 as sales took off and distrbution became more widespread. Just looking at my MX-3 parts production drawing catalog I can see about 10 to 15 of the most asked about items that die because someone said it was to expensive and could be done cheaper. Of course nothing can beat a few guys killed that 3 part header project and gave owners MX-3 a bad reputation through-out the aftermarket industry.
hharb

Post by hharb »

ouch, sorry that was not my intention. but as i said in my other post that it's a great deal if you have the money, i mean i'm sure their projector will beat a homemade projector anytime, and i really hope to see an MX3 prokector in the market, i might even end up buying one myself once i'm done with the more important mods. Projectors will definately have a huge market if they get into production just like the tailights and othe mx3 products. To tell you the truth yoda, those lights are worth more than half what i paid for my car and that's why i made my original comment.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

Yoda wrote:
hharb wrote:dude it's like 400$ for a stupid basic projector, if u add few thing you're running over 700$, do you honestly think many ppl would buy it when you can make your own for under 200$ :S
I see things never change the biggest block to getting parts for the MX-3 to market has always been other MX-3er. This is not directed at you specifically just that since 1998 when I was working with the aftermarket industry from 1997 to 2001 when there was a greater chance to get MX-3 products to market. Everytime I would send out a feeler message that this product or that product might be produced, someone would always post a message that it could do it cheaper then everyone would stop putting there support behind the developement of the product because were waiting for the other person to come through at this lower price. Take the original price of the MX-3 euro taillights they started out at $500-600 then dropped to around $150 as sales took off and distrbution became more widespread. Just looking at my MX-3 parts production drawing catalog I can see about 10 to 15 of the most asked about items that die because someone said it was to expensive and could be done cheaper. Of course nothing can beat a few guys killed that 3 part header project and gave owners MX-3 a bad reputation through-out the aftermarket industry.

I agree with vaughn i remeber when those group buys from back in the days took part, i never got into them because i didnt have the money.

When i did have the money(before i bought my house)I did buy stuff & did a few group buys. If anyone wants cheap, off the shelf parts buy a civic, but you cant be orginal & have off the shelf parts.....

jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
illapino

Post by illapino »

Yoda = Vaughn Nishimura ??

:shock:
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ill make u a set for 200 dllrs and u pay shipping.. if u are willing to pay that much for those overpriced ones..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
illapino

Post by illapino »

with a red cathode halo?
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
hharb

Post by hharb »

now that's a more reasonable price right there. mind if i ask how would you make them?

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”