Trim Around Window

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
666raCing

Trim Around Window

Post by 666raCing »

The guy who had the car before me did a Maaco paint job, which not only required painting part of the car, but got the trim and a part of the tire as well. d---. Anyways, i dont have any pictures at the moment, but i will post some in a bit.

I wanted to know if there's some way i can replace this without totally replacing the whole windshield and passenger/driver window. they're both totally screwed.
92 Mazda MX-3 GS
hharb

Post by hharb »

So.. let me get this straight.. your windshield and driver's window got paint on them? i would suggest buying one of those blades, they're specifically designed to remove paint off glass, you could also try and use some sort of chemicals before you use the blade. hopefully this should get the paint easily removed.
666raCing

Post by 666raCing »

the windows themselves didn't get paint on them. hang tight, i'll get pictures tomorrow.
92 Mazda MX-3 GS
illapino

Post by illapino »

he's referring to the rubber weather stripping around the windows i believe
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
hharb

Post by hharb »

if it's just the rubber i'm sure he could remove the paint if he buys the right chemicals, there are many products out there that are meant to remove paint from all surfaces. i would give them a shot before replacing the trims, or maybe u could just spay the trims in black instead of replacing them.
666raCing

Post by 666raCing »

yes, it's the rubber stripping.

this guy probably locked his keys in his car and miserably failed to try to get in it. it's not only painted on, but bunched up. it's really just not pleasing to the eye. does anyone know who i have to go to see to fix it? bodyshop or window person?
92 Mazda MX-3 GS
hharb

Post by hharb »

if you can't fix it yourself i'd recomend seeing a window person and just change the trim around.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

hharb wrote:if you can't fix it yourself i'd recomend seeing a window person and just change the trim around.
the passanger side is cheap but the driverside is expensive i got mine @ the junk yard
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
hharb

Post by hharb »

I just got this idea, it might be worth it if you put window visors, they will hide the imperfection and make the car look nicer+ they have a good use too.
666raCing

Post by 666raCing »

like the GT style ones? i've seen those around.
92 Mazda MX-3 GS
hharb

Post by hharb »

yeah, they sell them in different models, they sell slim visors and regular ones too, and they dont normally cost alot, they'll definately cost less than changing the trim and will take no time to install. oh and i just remembered that i have a set sitting around they're not the slim visors but yeah if u want them i could let them go for cheap, maybe with the hood...
666raCing

Post by 666raCing »

shoot man. get me pics of those too and i may be interested!
92 Mazda MX-3 GS
cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

Goof-off works wonders for overspray on things like that. Just get a rag and put a little on it and the overspray should come right off. Just be careful of the paint that you don't want to remove which shouldn't be much of a problem givin how the windows are on the car. I've gotten overspray off thats been on for years using this stuff. It works great for getting the adhesive off of glass after removing window tints too
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'94 Caprice - rolling fast and low on 20's along with some custom goodies

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

'92 - New import project in the works, should be out in '09
hharb

Post by hharb »

666raCing

Post by 666raCing »

here are some poor pictures of the rubber insulation...

92 Mazda MX-3 GS

Return to “Appearance”