my car is going in for paint tomorrow.....

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

you guys are getting this all wrong...... seriously i paid the painter on the side.... he wanted me to pay him his wage which was $30/hr.... he was doing the rest of the car under insurance....... i paid $200 for my deductible and on the insurance claim they said everything was about $2500 cdn.... so really its over a $3000 paint job but i only paid $550..... i didnt go through the bodyshop at the dealership for the car to get painted totally.. just the stuff that was covered by insurance... so maybe you guys should read first instead of assuming i got a $300 paint job..... im not that dumb
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
92blackmx3

Post by 92blackmx3 »

i paid 300 for a paint job one time i got it all ready and just took it to get sprayed no clear though but other then that it came out awsome no runs metallic shower up good awsome shine.
illapino

Post by illapino »

exactly, $300 paint job wont last as long as 1200 dollar job period.
no matter the price, how can u be so sure about the results of the paintjob? Someone i know got his lexus repainted and the shop mid-way through botched the job because the chemicals of the new paint and old whatever were reacting against each other.. so they started all over! :idea:

what type of questions do u ask a bodyshop to see if their work will be flawless? they seem to all argue here that the brandnames of paints they mix does make a difference.. but hearing u guys having paintjobs at whatever cost easily fade or peel months after their application is rather retarded on the bodyshop's part: isn't there a warranty on their work?
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
94blaze1.6

Post by 94blaze1.6 »

Please post some pictures!!!!!
95 RS so far just a paintjob, rims suspension next then turbo...
Image I have turbo dreams and detanation nightmares

Return to “Appearance”