head gasket and bent frame.. Screwed?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Your best bet is to part the car out. Don't deal with a bent frame at all. And why replace a head gasket on an engine with 242k bets to swap a kl into it. Since you also ahve 3grand just part this out and make $500-$1000 and put it all towards another mx3 thats in good shape

If you do decide to part out I would be curious if it has the double tray armrest with cup holders. I would be intrested.

John
MeNtAlPaTiEnT

Post by MeNtAlPaTiEnT »

Thanks for all your replies. I'll try to get some pictures up so you know what I'm dealing with here.

Pics:

rust!
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

I would have to say try and sell it for what you paid...if that doesn't work then parting out should yeild around $1000 too.

You should count on figures of atleast 1500 for rust repair including touch up paint...and then another 1500 for a new engine. There's not even anything left over for the frame repair which could be quite a bit. So there goes your 3 grand and you're left with a bone stock mx-3 that cost you a total of 4 thousand dollars and isn't even completely fixed. I think for that price you could probably find another mx-3 with no rust, minimal or no damage, less then 150k miles, or another car with the same qualities.

This is just my own opinion and what I would do if I were in your situation, I hope all goes well and if you do decide to part your car out I don't think you'll have much trouble getting rid of the parts on this site.
1993 GS
-MS front -functional molded hood scoop
-MS molded sides-shaved antenna
-Civic projectors -New black paintjob
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I see rust.. but wheres the bent frame?.. .. looks fixable.. mine looked WORSE when i got it and it was 1000.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

dibs on the scooby doo floor mats :lol:
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

Ooooh, I would like to have that front lip very much! And both headlights too!! And hazard light switch as well. :wink:
MX-3 V6 1993 | Black | EU-spec | K819
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

May the best bidder win for that lip

I think i am going to go to my Mazda dealer at night, go by their MX3 and just rip that sucker off and run
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
MeNtAlPaTiEnT

Post by MeNtAlPaTiEnT »

A friend of mine says he can fix the head gasket at school with the assistance of his teacher who is a registered mechanic for over 13+ years. I can do this, and possibly be guaranteed a fixed head gasket but how much will it cost for supplys? Going to get information on the bent frame and see if it is fixable without the help of a body shop... If I get bad news for these two topics, and if nobody calls for the vehicle... then I guess she's gunna be stripped for parts.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

MeNtAlPaTiEnT wrote:Yes it is a manual, v6, somewhere around 242k miles on it.
A head gasket problem is nothing
A bent frame that wont pass inspection, thats going to be a pain in the a-- with a expensive fix. Like everyone says, you might as well part it out
Thats 242k miles, not KMs?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
MeNtAlPaTiEnT

Post by MeNtAlPaTiEnT »

Correction: 242 KMS.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”