Ok, so I need some opinions.

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MeNtAlPaTiEnT

Ok, so I need some opinions.

Post by MeNtAlPaTiEnT »

I look around the local shopper for some mx3 and I see this one:

1.8L,rebuilt motor/350k,5speed/new clutch. Body redone,painted silver,body kit,new shocks,lowering coil/over kit,cdplayer,remote shaved handles,$2, 000.obo

Would it be worth the price? I might even be able to get a lower price due to high mileage. Opinions?
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I'd say its worth it.. I'd have it safety inspected to make sure nothing Hinky was done to it or that there isnt any hidden damage. But it sounds like the body has been refreshed.. the suspension has been refreshed and the engine as well. Should be a decent ride. If you can get the price down.. even better. Just my 2 cents.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Since it appears it may have been heavily modded, it would be prudent to use a VERY stringent screening on it. All too often, mods done have been short-cutted or have been sloppily done. Shaved door handles? Hmmm, can you easily climb through the rear hatch if necessary? You haven't mentioned if this is a private sale, if the owner is a member here, where you live (UK or AU perhaps?), or the reason for the sale in the first place.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
hharb

Post by hharb »

I saw the car too.. well the add. I personally think the body kit is ugly as hell. I'm not sure how bad or good the paint job is. rebuilt engine.. when was it rebuilt etc.. i would say 2000 is a bit too high of a price.. maybe 1500 or so would be a fair price considering the amount of money u might have to spend on 300+K used car. oh by the way i've seen klzes in great conditions selling for 2500 in ontario, so if you're looking for a "great deal" you should keep looking, you'll find much better deals.. but i would go check the car out and test drive it see if it's worth the trouble.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”