Do I need a Stereo Installation Kit for a new HU?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
equium

Do I need a Stereo Installation Kit for a new HU?

Post by equium »

Sorry if this was posted, but I could not find it in a search. I'm going to help my son install new audio in his '92 and I like to be prepared. From what i've read on this forum, I can't tell if I need the install kit or not. Does anyone have the brand and part number for the kits.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

You don't need a trim kit as the stock stereo is a single Din type. Meaning that most aftermarket stereos will fit right in. However, I would suggest buying a wiring kit from your stereo manufacturer made for a Mazda. It makes life alot easier when the wiring part comes in.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
equium

Post by equium »

Thanks Patdiesel. That will make things easier. I'm way ahead of you on the wiring harness. I love those things.
equium

Post by equium »

Interesting. There are two install kits available here:
http://www.installer-data.com/aacars/se ... sinst1.php

Has anyone used these kits before?
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Either a harness that plugs into your stock one, and then crimp/solder the deck harness to the new harness, color matching.

OR

Look in the shop manual for the wiring diagram and crimp/solder/hack up the stock harness to the one with your deck.

No need for a kit, unless you go with the first methode, but then you only need on little harness.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
equium

Post by equium »

Thanks Vanished. I just checked the link I posted and it did not work well. I am definatley using a store bought wire harness kit. the kits i was trying to post a link to were the type that are supposed to mate your HU to the vehicles opening. So far, it appears as though I wont need it.
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

equium wrote:Interesting. There are two install kits available here:
http://www.installer-data.com/aacars/se ... sinst1.php

Has anyone used these kits before?
Those kits look like adapter kits - if you wanted to put in a an old double knob radio.

if you didn't have the pocket below the radio (had a cd/tape deck combo), then u could buy a pocket to cover up the spot the tape deck took up.

:lol:

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”