civic projector legality

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Jacbs2007

civic projector legality

Post by Jacbs2007 »

So I'm almost done with the projector swap and I'm taking my car in for paint today/tomorrow. I noticed my inspection is due in january and I was curious if my projectors will pass inspection in PA? I havn't sealed them yet but I do plan on doing that in the next few weeks after the car is painted and I have time.

any advice/insight is greatly appreciated.

-Curt-
1993 GS
-MS front -functional molded hood scoop
-MS molded sides-shaved antenna
-Civic projectors -New black paintjob
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I would assume if they are legal on a honda they would be legal on a mazda. :shrug:

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

yeah thats what I was assuming. I just could see the shop I take it to puting stock ones back in and saying "You cut em all up so we had to replace them... four hundred dolla please"
1993 GS
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I can't believe you never reseached that before you started cutting the car up to fit them.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

jschrauwen wrote:I can't believe you never reseached that before you started cutting the car up to fit them.

Well you are right about one part. I deffinetly should have researched that before I did the mod. As far as cutting my car up though, I just didn't do it. The only cutting I did was to the projectors and I got them to fit behind the fender and bumper. Meaning I can always just plug my stock headlights back in for inspection and they will still fit perfectly. I guess that's why I didn't really think to research it.
1993 GS
D323

Post by D323 »

Modding your headlights is illegal in most states of the US. Legal on a civic or otherwise. Altering them from the stock setup is technically illegal. Most cops wont notice if you do a good job though.
GS + BP + T3 + 9lb flywheel - some dead weight = ;)
PatMX3

Post by PatMX3 »

I agree with D323. If you dont do a good job, a cop/inspection, will spot that, and you'll probably get citated/fined. The better it looks safer u r! All the lights must be working properly though!!
"93 Mazda MX-3 GS. Special Edition* 1.8L
Color -Rasberry Metallic. P-START Ignition*.
EuroLITE Dash Gauge* 77,000/m
#2nd Mx-3 Owner.
Mazda. Get in. Be M o v e d .

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”