Need some help with my swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
solo_ryder

Need some help with my swap

Post by solo_ryder »

Hey guys. I am in the middle of swapping my ZE/DE (KL01 cams. KL01 heads, no egr?) Anyways, I have run into 3 issues.

1. The knock sensor has a different connector then the one on my k8. Any advice on how to tackle this?

2. There is no crank angle sensor on the DE. My ZE didnt have one either, do I need to swap the one from my k8 over?

3. What ECU/VAF combo can I run on this? I have a kl36 ecu I can run, but does anyone know of a better combo to run? I have no idea what car this motor came out of. Either a newer millenia or jspec probe?

Thx
Last edited by solo_ryder on October 26th, 2006, 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
max kl

Re: Need some help with my swap

Post by max kl »

1. The knock sensor has a different connector then the one on my k8. Any advice on how to tackle this?

swap k8 or kl usa sensor

2. There is no crank angle sensor on the DE. My ZE didnt have one either, do I need to swap the one from my k8 over?

yea k8 fits nice kl is tiny bit longer millina is super long

3. What ECU/VAF combo can I run on this?

honestly i dont no. my de runs best with k8 ecm kl maf
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Thanks for the info. Ya, I was thinking about just cutting the knock sensors and then swapping them and reconnecting it with a butt connector. Any issues with that?

Yea I heard that the kl36 ecu will work but the vris points are off. Not a big deal. The crank angle sensor is not a big deal to swap, I figured you needed it lol as your motor might not even run afterwards.

Also, what VAF are you using? A kl02?
max kl

Post by max kl »

the knock sensor must remain sheided. if you cut it you would find 2 wires. and but connectors will leak interfearince and ecm may get th wrong signal.

i think my vaf is a klo2. also the k8 virs points are way off. i zip tie mine open.
i have found the k8 timing map is more agressive and makes up for the lack of virs.

but i have done several swaps and not all kldes would pull nice with the zip tie mod.
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Yea, well I hear now that it is infact a newer millenia ZE, this is coming from about 5 members on PT. In either case, I guess I am stuck on swapping the sensor out which is a huge hassel so we'll see.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Any ideas about that knock sensor's guys? I am not to keen on taking off the IM
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

just take teh amnifodl off and sap the k8 knock sensor over. ist not hard to take that manifold off when the motor is out of the car.

since your motor is a klde use a vaf and ecu from an mx6 or pgt
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Its not a KLDE, it was determined by PT members that it is a newer KLZE. I will take the IM but its a PITA and I am lazy. Thx guys.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”