Off-Topic Discussions
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

... sorry
Last edited by fieromx3 on October 23rd, 2006, 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I think that people can be friendlier. I know i post ALOT but i know from my posts alot of things have been learned. Like when my car cought on fire i got the so positive posts to scrap my car.

"scrap your car, its never gonna work, you cant do it"

and now? :D I noticed when the other guy i think wagze.. when his car cought on fire.. nobody said crap .. LOL maybe because i post alot and im annoying.

Theres alot of helpfull people that are straight to the point and help. Others posts are just useless. It be nice to have a tool to delete replies in your posts.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

And then there are the ungrateful little priks that make me want to go and delete every write up and helpful post I have ever written here. And the morons that dont know how to use the search function and ask the same questions over and over. I think its a direct correlation to how spoiled this generation is.. kids are used to being handed everything these days, from their parents and pretty much everyone else. No one believes in research or trying to gain knowledge on their own merits anymore. I guess it takes all types eh?

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

aa lets say i want to use our beloved search to replace my domelight because I am not as smart as everyone lol so i go along and look at the extremely small font word search. Click and search "dome light" in all forums available.. and i get posts that have nothing to do with it... LOL
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
precidian

Post by precidian »

The search tool works fine. It just has to be used properly and should select "Search for all terms" when doing your search. I have had no issue what so ever with it and find everything within the first page if there are multiple results.

Also to the OP, I think your naming of the post is not the best choice of words. You should be directing it at the posters who seem to give you grief.
Jeff has done an amazing job of having a resource for all MX-3 owners. Started off with a simple website and then added the forum after that. I have been here pretty much since the beginning of it all and thankful this resource is available. Just be happy you are a user and not an admin or moderator. They have alot to deal with and I understand what it takes to run a board as I am an admin from another car forum.
If you have concerns about things, take it up with a moderator or an admin.
that is my $0.02 cents worth.
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

phpbb's search function isn't known for being the best. In fact I could probably find the holy grail before i could find the answer to a question by searching phpbb.

This is the reason that when I find a question asked, if I know the answer I'll help them out. It only takes 30 seconds on my part but could save the person hundreds of dollars in the end. I find that people on here are too quick to sue the term "search" when in the same time they post "search" they can answer the question. This is true of many car forums not just this one tho.
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

I know when I first started out on this forum I did ask alot of questions that were stupid and could've been answered had I known there was a search function and known my way around the site. As I began to find my way around the site I began asking less and less questions and searching more. I think the main problem is that there are alot of people who have never learned the site and just continualy ask questions expecting it all to just be put on a silver platter at their command. Now as far as this generation being brought up with everything handed to them, I'm not going to take offence, because yes there are quite a few cases where that is entirely true, But that doesn't neccesarily mean everyone around my age fits in that group.

-Curt-
1993 GS
-MS front -functional molded hood scoop
-MS molded sides-shaved antenna
-Civic projectors -New black paintjob
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

aa lets say i want to use our beloved search to replace my domelight because I am not as smart as everyone lol so i go along and look at the extremely small font word search. Click and search "dome light" in all forums available.. and i get posts that have nothing to do with it... LOL
Sorry Hector.. no offense.. but this makes my point exactly. First.. why are you searching in all forums? The Electrical and Lighting forum makes the most sense. Even better.. why are you searching the forums rather than the online shop manual?

I still help lots of new people.. and I will continue to do so. But I dont do so to save anyone money. I do so cause people helped me learn and I can return the favor. If people are to lazy to read through the FAQ forums or use the search feature or read the online shop manual.. to me it means they dont have a problem they can solve.. to me it means they are to cheap to hire a mechanic and want someone here to hold their hand and fix their car for them. This is a general observation and isnt directed at any one person.

Do I know everything about MX-3s? Hell no.. but what I do know I learned from reading here in the forums, the shop manual and with the search function and of course a liberally applied scoop of old fashioned elbow grease. Did I ask questions? Yup.. and sometimes I got told to search as well.. it was good advice.

Some could argue that by just giving new members the answer outright rather than pointing out the research features that this site has to offer that we are only encouraging people to waste potentially valuable bandwidth repeating questions constantly.

Some other forums even adopt a rule that ONLY administrators & moderators can tell members to use the search functions. I assume this is a measure to prevent huge arguments. Maybe it should be done here. I dont know. I do know I have a car I want to work on... so I am out.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I have learned more by finding the info on my own than I could have ever learned from asking the question first. More time than not I still had a question or 4 after trying to find the answer on my own. However, coming to those who knew and asking pointed questions made the process easier and in the end I knew more and remembered more for my effort. I also gained respect from those who I was asking questions from. I showed that I am trying my best and do not want a handout, that I tried hard, but just couldn't get it all.
I have found that I will not retain as much if someone tells me what to do. If I try and find the answer myself it takes ALOT longer to do, but I will most likely remember most if not all of the info. Some may be different, but after having been here this long and answering the same posts 10-20 times I'm getting bored of answering them. I scan the board for interesting titles and answer the ones that have interesting titles or ones that seem to be dragging on. I read the titles and the ones that I enjoy are the ones that I don't know the answer to and will try and find the answer and post before someone else can answer it. Kind like a game, but I'm learning more about the MX at the same time.
Hating on the forum like this is childish. If you don't like it leave. If someone is being mean or obnoxious tell a Mod or tell them to shut the F up. If you can not handle someone telling you that it is a simple problem and that a search should yield the answer then you have no business calling out the more advanced MXers who you are bashing. I agree that the search is crappy, but atleast Jeff thought enough to provide the forum and give us a place to go. The search requires some skill to use in order to find things more easily. Knowing what to type is the key and where to look is what makes your results more to the point.
The last key is that the MX community is not going to advance any more than its current state. It will continue to decline as a tuner car since it is old and the motor and trans are out of date. It may make a comeback as older imports are more sought after, but that will not be for some time. So this board will continue to degrade as we see more people looking to fix a old abused car that they bought cheap and want to fix cheap. Those of us who want to tune the car will continue to dwindle too. After some time most loose interest in the car and unfortunatley you didn't get to see the MX when it was HOT with very intelligent tuners making the largest improvements we have today. So what you will find is that the old schoolers will get weary of the burden of telling everyone about the HEI mod and quit answering or tell them to search. We are not being replaced by more intelligent members, some old schoolers who still own a MX don't post for one reason or another, some leave to tune other cars with newer technology and more potential and most improtantly those who leave are not being replaced at an anything like even rate. So what you have are a few members who know a good bit, a ton who know a decent amount, some of those who are nice and helpful and some who are idiots and post misinformation or stupid comments and then a select few who have no business being here. I hope that the ones who are in the middle section of the group who are well mannered and passionate about the MX will continue to grow and learn and become old schoolers. I hope that those who are note helpful will sell thier MX-3 or decide that they are tired of having to work to get an answer and leave.
Bottom line, you need to get over it or leave. Things will not change very much. Not to be mean, but don't bother getting yourself frustrated or angry. You can find all the info you need to completely rebuild a MX from the ground up from the Mazda tech manuals. They are not too hard to find and are not terribly hard to read.
Last edited by PATDIESEL on October 23rd, 2006, 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Best three posts in a row EVER.

:wink:
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Since that post breaks the rules, Im going to let Jeff handle this one, I dont wanna ban you w/o concient. You have alotof posts, but this post is childish.

IMO, if you dont wanna be here, let me know and I will delete your account. We do ask that people NOT patronize others. Arguments are usually deleted. If you have problems, do NOT post some rant post. You contact a mod or an admin to handle the situation. I agree we do have alot of SEARCH replies to posts, but we have also the same posts posted every week. Sick of it? Do a write up, we'll put them in the FAQ, and you personally can point the user to the topic you've created. We have rules and they ae to be followed. Failure to follow these will lead to banishment, permanently.
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

Only reason I am doing this is to stop an argument from happening, but I am going to let the initial post slide, this time only.

This thread could have gone the other way, but due to a number of mature members on this board, it has turned into a very good one.

Precidian, Tunes67, PatDiesel, CustomMX3 thanks guys for supporting the site, and fieromx3, I hope you understand more after seeing the replies to your post.

Regards,
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Ive been on this board since the beginning. I have noticed that people are more gutsy on the internet than in person. Alot of people talk smack and get attitudes when they dont know people in person. As with alot of message boards this is the case. I am on http://www.gopednation.com where the average age is 17 and that place is a MESS. You cannot get thru one thread without some punk talking trash about nothing. I feel that we have tried to keep this board as coherent and pleasant as possible. There will ALWAYS be the one or two guys that are never happy...to them......go buy a HONDA!! j/k.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

not trying to draw all the attention to me, but I didn't try to offend anyone if I did. It's hard to get your point across the way you want to over computers sometimes and that causes alot of confusion. I was just trying to show that not all of us youngsters have ill intentions.

From what I understand the main reason for this forum is to unite people with common interests so that we can essentially help each other. I agree, as well as everyone else probably does, that jeff has created something great for all of us and despite the few sour members that may or may not exist it still remains such a place. I hope that this site will continue for as long as there is still an MX-3 left out there, maybe even after that.
1993 GS
-MS front -functional molded hood scoop
-MS molded sides-shaved antenna
-Civic projectors -New black paintjob
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I look forward to talking to Barry, Jeremy, mason, perry, Jason, and alllll the other friends I have made on this board for many many many many years to come. I spoke to barry about visiting him next year....Cant wait!!!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S

Return to “Off-Topic”