2 problems

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
kdogg233

2 problems

Post by kdogg233 »

ok i have 2 problems with my 92 mx3 6 cyl. The first one is i went to change the wires and plugs and the wires i bought have little rubber pieces on the end of them and when i went to take out the old plugs i noticed that the rubber caps that are on the wires are stuck down around the plug (the caps from the old wires) so is there an easy way of getting them out so i can change up my plugs? And second my fule guage is acting weird when i fill the tank it works fine until i get to about a half tank of gas then it starts acting weird and drops down to empty.What could be causing that to happen and is there any way to fix it?
max kl

Post by max kl »

the broken plug wire boot sux. i use a long screwdriver or pick to tear the boot and blow it out with shop air.
you could try a coat hanger cut sharp to tear boot enuph to get socket over the spark plug and remove the plug. computer duster works great to blow debris from plug hole before you remove plugs.

fuel gauge sender in tank must have a dead spot. you needs a new or good used sender.
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

Well to get the caps out you'll probably need to use a coat hanger or a really long slender screwdriver. As for the fuel thing if it happens more around a 1/4 tank under heavy acceleration or around hills, then it is normal cause the car has a float type gauge.
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

use long needle nose pliers to get the spark plug boots off.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
kdogg233

Post by kdogg233 »

ok i used a coat hanger and it worked pretty good. some problems in the back 3. i just put the new wires in without the rubber caps and they seem to be holding ok still. thanks for the help

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”