Still having idle problem

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
slimmyslim1420

Still having idle problem

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

I am still having my idle problem. When I stop at red lights, stop signs, etc the car holds rpm around 1000 to 1200 for about 7-15 seconds. If I have the heat all the way on it only holds for about 4 seconds. I have checked for vac leaks, reset tps, changed disty cap due to a crack. I don't know what else to do. Again this all started after i swapped the lsd mx-6 tranny for the stock mx-3 tranny. I had never ran with the k8 tranny on my ZE befor the swap. Also I checked for codes and got 17, and 24 with kl36 ecu, and only 69 with k8 ecu.
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I'd check the connections for the neutral switch on the tranny. They could be dirty and thus the engine doesn't know it is in neutral and cannot hold an idle b/c it is dropping so fast. Other than that the TPS and IAC are supposed to controll idle. You could need a new IAC or TPS.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

PATDIESEL wrote:I'd check the connections for the neutral switch on the tranny. They could be dirty and thus the engine doesn't know it is in neutral and cannot hold an idle b/c it is dropping so fast. Other than that the TPS and IAC are supposed to controll idle. You could need a new IAC or TPS.

Well its not dropping its holding high. My idle is set at like 600-700rpm. When i push in the clutch it dosen't go all the way down it stops or goes up to 1000-1200rpm. And it stays there for about 7-15 seconds. Unless the heat is on all the way then its only around 3-5 seconds before it drops to normal. The biggest thing that throws me off is it did not do it at all before the tranny swap, directly after it started doing it. It just seems weird for something to have went bad during a tranny swap involving idle.
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
ElectronBlue

Post by ElectronBlue »

hey i had a similar problem... sometimes if the Rad fluid is low.... prob get a better kind of fluid if its running too hot.... or if ther eis an air leak.. all i know is my ze oncei changed the intake to a hot shot preformance CAI and added more prestone haha.. it was all solved
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

It seems related to either your IAC or VAF. This happened to me when I used k8 ecu on ze chipeed ecu.

I was running that ecu with wrong vag and yes it would do exactly what yours did. Got corect combo and worked. Check coolant like they said. I doubt its the vaf tho, that rarely goes out.

Make sure you got good grounds to the battery.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”