Automatic Seatbelt

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Matrix733

Automatic Seatbelt

Post by Matrix733 »

hello fellows, my driver side auto seatbelt recently got stuck and after taken most of it apart and giving it a good whack, it now works. I then came here and read about the recall on them.

However, my passenger belts have never worked since i got the car. They don't make any sound or attempt to move when the door is open or close.

Do they both use the same fuse? Is this a sign of a bad motor?

Thanks
matrix733
Knowledge Is Power ; Keep Cracking
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Why even ask. Take it to Mazda after you've printed the recall from the front page. You'll have to force them to fix it, but they have to and will. Then stay on the lookout for any parts cars with auto belts. You'll likely need new ones in a few years and it is good to have some replacements on hand. You issue with the passanger belt likely lies with the sensor in the door jamb or the motor wore out from the wire drive being stuck like your drivers side was. Good luck with Mazda.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”