CEL codes

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
slimmyslim1420

CEL codes

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

I pulled codes on my ZE via an led light and it came up with 17, 24, and 69 problem is, is inm the list we don't even have a 69? So does anyone know what these codes are?
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

I just tried to pull codes with my k8 ecu and the only one it gave me was 69, so i'm stumped.
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
max kl

Post by max kl »

alldata at my shop lists 69 as coolant temp sensor problem for fan.
i think thats the green connector buy the filler neck i think the black 1 is fro the ecm coolant temp sensor.
so are your cooant fans working? i think this is a on off sensor so if it is out of range or dissconected than its probbably the sensor. or its the wirring.

codes 17 n 24 both indicate o2 sensor voltage is not changing enuph during crusing speeds.
o2 voltage should osliate up to 8vdc down to 3 volts during crusing speeds . idle o2 voltage is irelivent .
and at about 50+% throttle o2 vdc should be above 7-8volts.

lack of inversion means your o2 sensor voltage is not changing for whatever reason. your probably running very rich or lean from a torn vaf boot

anything that will cause a big time lean or rich conditon

code 4 no ne1 signal i am fairly certain the engine will not run or stay running with out the ne1 signal. so if yor car is dying and not restaring untill cool you probably do need a distrubtor. but it may be as simple as a diry connector.
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

max kl wrote:alldata at my shop lists 69 as coolant temp sensor problem for fan.
i think thats the green connector buy the filler neck i think the black 1 is fro the ecm coolant temp sensor.
so are your cooant fans working? i think this is a on off sensor so if it is out of range or dissconected than its probbably the sensor. or its the wirring.

codes 17 n 24 both indicate o2 sensor voltage is not changing enuph during crusing speeds.
o2 voltage should osliate up to 8vdc down to 3 volts during crusing speeds . idle o2 voltage is irelivent .
and at about 50+% throttle o2 vdc should be above 7-8volts.

lack of inversion means your o2 sensor voltage is not changing for whatever reason. your probably running very rich or lean from a torn vaf boot

anything that will cause a big time lean or rich conditon

code 4 no ne1 signal i am fairly certain the engine will not run or stay running with out the ne1 signal. so if yor car is dying and not restaring untill cool you probably do need a distrubtor. but it may be as simple as a diry connector.

I never said code 4. The weird part is, is that I only get 17 and 24 with the kl36 ecu installed it didn't give those with the k8 ecu. I am going to check for vaccum leaks shortly.But yea my fans work fine I knew that light would probably be on cause I think I have the wrong sensor but everything works so i'm really not that worried about that. How can I check my VAF to see if its the problem? I know the boots and stuff are fine they are all fairly new.
max kl

Post by max kl »

slimmyslim1420 wrote:
max kl wrote:

I never said code 4. The weird part is, is that I only get 17 and 24 with the kl36 ecu installed it didn't give those with the k8 ecu. I am going to check for vaccum leaks shortly.But yea my fans work fine I knew that light would probably be on cause I think I have the wrong sensor but everything works so i'm really not that worried about that. How can I check my VAF to see if its the problem? I know the boots and stuff are fine they are all fairly new.
sorry bout the 4 thing i copied that reply

thats not weird you have to understand the ecm dosnt test all problems immeadatly .
the test for code 69 is for resistance. so the ecm looks for resistance in the circut if there is none or very little it sets a code. [if sensor is unpluged the will be no resistance]
the tests for 17 n 24 take 2 trips to complete the ecm has to learn if your engine is running lean or rich.
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

When I put the k8 ecu back on i rode around for about 3 miles I figured that would be enough. But do you have any idea what might be causing it. I checked for vac leaks and there was none. As for running rich or lean I don't have an air/fuel gauge so is there any way I can check without one?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”