BPT

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
nimbler

BPT

Post by nimbler »

I noticed that a BPT 4cyl at 190hp could actualy be a bettre swap than a KLZE 2.5L 210hp
could i know the prices of the two motors like in canadian money... I looked on the net and only found usa money... thx :idea:
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

For a 4 cyl it is a better swap. ITs more direct, lighter, and has ample research already done on how to get more power.

As for what else your asking, I have no clue what you said. Although google can really rock up currency converions

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe ... cy&spell=1
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
nimbler

Post by nimbler »

thx... so if I understand the bpt can only be AWD... and with the turbo how much hp does it have....
thx again
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

You will hear a few diffrent figures from people on the power, most just round it to 180hp though. The motor does not care if the car is AWD, FWD, or RWD, the transmission does that.

You can get a FWD transmission from a protege or even use your stock on. The B series blocks are all basically them same only the BP is stretched 22mm longer than the b3-b6's.

Its fairly easy to get power out of a BPT as well, the head on it is really restrictive flow wise but once again the domesticated protege is the hero of this. You can swap on the non turbo head and gain enough power to make it worth your time.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
nimbler

Post by nimbler »

ill plan to put a AWD... but some say ill have to put in brackets is this true??? and a good turbo kit can cost how much
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

nimbler wrote:ill plan to put a AWD... but some say ill have to put in brackets is this true??? and a good turbo kit can cost how much
You have to do a LOT more than that. You will have to look into turbo kits on your own. a BPT comes turboed but turboing a non turbo BP will net more power.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”