Civic Headlight Aiming

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
LooseChangeRacing

Civic Headlight Aiming

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

Ok i dont have my car with me right now, and won't for a few days (getting body kit installed and molded) anyway, I didn't check it out yet, but the screws on the back of the civic projector headlights, are those aiming screws? Or is there a way to aim the civic lights once they are on your car?
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
LooseChangeRacing

lol still hoping to get some help? i looked and there are only screws on the high beam, guess I am going to be s--- out of luck on aiming them properly until the new kit/hood/fenders get put on so they can be molded all nice an pretty and have a good light pattern?
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I do not know about the headlamps aiming screws themselves, but you can get a good idea of how to aim them from Rallylights.com
It is for Hella lamps, but the same procedure will apply to any light.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
LooseChangeRacing

nope from what I saw that refers to how the beam patterns should look and the actual aiming of the headlight is what i'm looking for....not 10f high at 25meters or anything like that...i'm talking how do I exactly turn screws on the headlight or anything for that matter to adjust the whole headlight aim
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I could swear it is on the site somehwere. First you need the measurements so that you can line your car up correctly to aim the lamps. You will need a dark flat areas with a straight up wall (90* to the ground, but most are unless the ground is unlevel). Then you mark out the measurements with chalk and move the car into possition. I found it easier to do with a second person telling you when the car is in the right spot on the pavement. The second person can also be closer to the wall and tell you when the center of the light beam is at the mark on the wall while you adjust the lamp screws.
Then there will be two or three screws on the lamp that you will aim from. If three then you will only mess with two that are on opposite sides (top left and bottom right or some configuration like that). Turning the top screw will lead the beam tword the screws side (left if it is on the left of the lamp and right if it is on the right of the lamp) The bottom screw will do the opposite. Pretty simple.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”