nissan engine management

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
max kl

nissan engine management

Post by max kl »

has anyone tryed swaping engine management system from a a 93 and up nissan maxima?
the advantages of a normal maf sensor , coil pack igniton & simalar displacement make it very tempting for me to try it out.
i know i would need rpm switches to retain virs opperation.
im gona look up the cam & crank sensor data for diffrent year modles to see if any are simalar to the masda set up . but thats the only problem i see so far

my nerotic love of wirring will push me to make this happen.

i was wondering if anyone else has tryed to do this or can think of a beter donar car.
also is anyone running a 98n up 626 ecu or a melinia ecu?
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

The millenia thing has already been tried and done by a probe guy. Not worth the hassle for no measurable gain.

If you have a nerotic love of wiring you should just get an MS and install it. It's a ton easier than the ECU and sensor swap from other cars and you can retain as much or as little of your stock ECUs control as you would like. Plus it will control your VRIS and everything else.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
max kl

Post by max kl »

ms=what 300+ bucks?
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
150 shot
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

can someone make a write up on wiring megasquirt? OMG that would SO OWN!
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
max kl

Post by max kl »

hppwdn wrote:The millenia thing has already been tried and done by a probe guy. Not worth the hassle for no measurable gain.

If you have a nerotic love of wiring you should just get an MS and install it. It's a ton easier than the ECU and sensor swap from other cars and you can retain as much or as little of your stock ECUs control as you would like. Plus it will control your VRIS and everything else.
did you install pacestter headers if so how did they work out ? what kind of hp increase ? and how did they fit?
they look very diffrent from all the other kits i have found with that large u shaped collector .
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

150 shot
max kl

Post by max kl »

well i looked today at the shop and 92 - 94 maximas use a cam and crank snenor combo that is alot like a distributor and looks like it will fit where the masda dis is.
i know to many salvege yard owners to stop this nonsence.
i can get a harness & sensors & ecm for 100 or less
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

150 shot
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

if you want to try thats fine, but not worth the effort.
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”