hydrolock

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Someone please tell me that he didnt just try to jumpstart a hydrolocked car by rolling it down a hill.

I dont know your level of knowledge but you do know what they mean when they say take the plugs out right? I have friends who wouldent know a sparkplug from their own rectum. Man if you dont know or something, dont be shy and just ask.

Im not trying to insult you or anything.. Im just trying to help you out. :D
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
mzdamx3rsdohc

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

i agree with above even if u feel stupid asking, ASK. but first turn the crank manually to see if the engine is seized, then take the plugs out if not crank it over, put a bit of oil in the spark plug hole-a tiny bit charge the battery if the cars just clicking and u can move the crank. a foot deep where did u run ur intake? and if u tried to start right after then ur motors probably toast.but by cranking it when its seized that will kill ur battery quickly too.when the plugs r out tho dont crank it with the key but touch the positive terminal of the starter with a screwdriver and then with it contacting the positive touch the same screw driver on a ground quickly then remove the driver. and repeat i did this with my jeep when i was driving down a creek and went in way to deep. but DONT bump start it again. :?
dohc b6, intake, exhaust, miata cams ready to go in
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Water + compression =

Not my engine fortunately. It came out of a one of the dead KLZE the was given to me by a JDM importer. Cracked the engine open and found this one an one other just like it. The rod is actually bent in 3 directions. Had the block and crank inspected for damage by friend out at the airport just for laughs. They would have passed all DOT/FAA had it been an aircraft engine.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”