Being My Own Mechanic

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Big G

Post by Big G »

LOL this is the most random thread I'v ever read PMSL :lol:

As for the snapping noise you may find the jack wheels are stuck on the surface they are on and as such as the car raises the crown is slipping on the chassis or sill you placed it upon.

Jacks on the whole are good where ever you buy from but always always always always use some form of axle stand be it blocks or even a cylinder head (never heard that one before :? ) or even be a little crazy and actually use proper axle stands!!!
Jacks aren't designed to be a permenent support devise and are prone to warn seals. \

Creakign from the suspension is normal and a grinding as the wheels on the jack turn as it moves is normal. If in doubt about lifting points use the chassis rails or even consult a manual.

If still unsure then in all honesty you probably aren't competant enough to work on your own vehicle and should really stop before you either damage your car, yourself or worse someone else.

but thats just my 2p 8)
Don't hunt what you can't kill
illapino

Post by illapino »

well for one thing, i will be returning this (second) jack ... and yes, one of this jack's front wheels doesn't touch the floor at all and i've deduced it to be a defect that can't be repaired. The thing was just built like pooh ... what i need is a very low jack ... sneak it under this sexy import

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”