S-AFC2

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Big G

S-AFC2

Post by Big G »

I've heard mixed views on the use of the SAFC with the MX3 concerning turo conversions and fueling, really I need a definative answer.

Does the SAFC2 work with the MX3 or not?????

Thanks in advance
Don't hunt what you can't kill
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Yes it does. You'll need to obtain the ECU wiring diagram as APEXi doesn't include it for the MX-3. Then you can use it. The other thing you'll need is a set of injectors matched for the HP you plan to make. Stay away from FMUs. You'll also need to upgrade your fuel pump.

Another recommended alternative is the Mega Squirt standalone EMS. It is close to the price of the AFC but yeilds much more control over both fuel and spark...its a standalone. Nothing fancy...but it definately gets the job done!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
Big G

Post by Big G »

Many thanks

The injectors and pump wouldn't be a problem and are expected upgrades, we have a few of differeing impedence and size here though I have to ask what are you refering to when you talk about FMU's? Never heard this term before tbh.

A I said though its mostly a tech excersise to prove we can do it so chances are we'll do a twin tubby setup just to be different!!!

Mega squirt is a fantastic system hopefully I'll be putting it on my GTO during the rebuild to control det fears abit better
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Also matters which Model and yr you have for best results. So far that I have seen it works best with the 92-93 SOHC setups.
Big G

Post by Big G »

We're using the 91 1.8 V6 for the project

Return to “Forced Induction”