v6 per parts? this site reliable?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

v6 per parts? this site reliable?

Post by hgallegos915 »

Hey

http://www.xtremethings.com/Products.htm

has anyone ever dealt with them?> they seem to have a nice bored out tb for cheap and some nice ze valve covers.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
max kl

Post by max kl »

that tb is polished not bored out but 80 buks aint bad for a beutyfied tb
it may provide some kind of hp gain. mabe.
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
LooseChangeRacing

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

I would just ask Perry, but if he's still on their site, they seem quite reliable....man the $500 port polished badged....uh uh god it looks pretty IDK though, you guys think $500 is worth that?

The throttle bodie is beautiful to I just wish they offered the same thing but bored to 67mm and hourglassed....
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

mmmmmm... Those are some nice little toys, none of them really offering any performance gains though. $500 is a bit pricey for me. I'd do $150 w/ a core Maybe
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah no no not the 500 dllr thats to much lol . was itnerested in the valve covers and maybe throttle body. pftt 500 :O
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

AtlMX3 (Perry) bought his valve cover from them and it is sick beautiful. Perry even get props from other powder coaters saying it is exceptional work. His prices are reasonable and the 500 intake is well worth the work it takes to get one of our horribly sand casted manifolds to look that good.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
illapino

Post by illapino »

mmmm candyyyy ...

where is this business located? i would definately pitch in for the piece above and also the intake manifold in the same color ...
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

i got spray paint and a i know how to sand down i make that valve cover for my self for about 7 dollars
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
illapino

Post by illapino »

how do you (perfectly) mask the logos on that valve cover to avoid spraying them? all i can think of is tape here tape there, but that's highly imperfect ......
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

rudy your cover is good, however these guys quality is way way better. its sandblasted then primed and painted. They have my car color./ thats what itnerested me. the chameleon one.
-hec

PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

It is also not paint it is powder coated which is alot stronger and will hold its looks MUCH longer in the engine bay heat. As for the lettering, he sands the powder coat off, no taping. He plugs the oil cap and head pressure hole and so they do not get sanded, sand blasted or powder coated. This insures that the piece is the same shape and will hold the seal just like in stock form. Other companies will sand blast the holes and the either coat the holes and sand or blast it off. This reduces the threads and makes the hole a tiny bit larger, thus increasing the chance of a leak.
Trust me this guy is 100% professional and does all his work with the highest quality and customer consideration. His prices do not reflect his commitment to quality b/c he does not charge what a shop would do take all this time to make such a qaulity piece. I have no reason to pump this guy up, he just does really nice work and it shows if you know what you are looking at.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

i got my stuff done with this guy. it looks good, but it doens't hold up the way i'd thought powdercoating was supposed to. the silver especially, though in fairness he told me in advance that he thought the silver powder was crap. still.. my IM coating has started to crack all over and bubble along the runners... i got candy blue for the VCs which looks hot and has lasted, but it did get scratched a lot easier than i expected it to.

he's a good guy tho and did offer to reshoot my IM, which i would do if wasn't so reluctant to leave well enough alone. i think he does good work, but you at least gotta watch out for that silver!!
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

I am gonna get the TB, & I'm gonna get my valve covers done, & IM. As long as his prices are reasonable. How much does he charge? That KLZE POWERED badge is bad a-s btw.
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

ninjajim4 wrote:i got candy blue for the VCs which looks hot and has lasted, but it did get scratched a lot easier than i expected it to.
The valve cover was scratched straight out of the box. Did you scratch it even more? Because I was thinking he had to have scratched it before the powercoat was fully cured.
Neil

Post by Neil »

I had my valve covers, intake manifold and fuel rails done by Michael and he does great work. Can't complain at all.

Needs to be seen in person to really see how nice of a job he does. I had to wait pretty long for the IM because of all the work he had to do but it was well worth it.

VC = Carbonite Black
IM = Gun Metal
FR = Goldish/Bronze
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”