Ignition rotor please HELP

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ven

Ignition rotor please HELP

Post by ven »

when trying to order engine parts for my 96 mx3 I have problems with companies not having the parts or even listings.....

Can some one tell me if the 96 is the same as any other car or what to do about ordering parts for the 96...

It seems eveyone has listings up to the 95 but 96 is different every time...

Please help

Now im trying to get a rotor can anyone tell me if its the same as a 95 for this part or the same as a 1.8 protoge

hummm thanks for every response
STeve
1996 Black MX-3 GS
North Bay, ON Canada
If your in North Bay lets hang out and go for beers
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

1.8 protege? isnt that a 4 cyl?

and do this.. simp,ly take your rotor off and take it to autozone.. i think i payed like 7 dllrs for mine. They got two.. a big one and a small one. What kind of pathetic stores are you going to?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

do what he said ^^^^ I think yours should be big rotor, but I'm not 100% sure.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

hes in north bay. For those who don't know theres nothing in north bay. They call it a city but in every city I've ever been to theres a big name parts store. This is untrue of north bay.
ven

Post by ven »

lol this is true it is north bay

and it is quite pathetic.....

How ever if you dont have a 96 you have no idea what im talking about....

for fun got to autozone and ask them for any part for the 96 mx-3 you will find that everything is different on it then the 92-96 meaning knowone even has listings...

Part source doesnt autozone doesnt even canadian tire doesnt......

if you look at the shop manual even on this site it pertains to the mx-3ès from 92-95 in most cases.........

So before you add your comments do your research...

I just want to know what those people are using or mentioning when they look for parts for the 1996 model.
STeve
1996 Black MX-3 GS
North Bay, ON Canada
If your in North Bay lets hang out and go for beers
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

ven wrote:So before you add your comments do your research...
Lets settle down here, we do not have all the info you may have to give, as for your car, its a OBDII GS, so that motor was only for a 94-96 mx3, there are no relations between other vehicles for that motor sepcifically, some parts can be used from a OBDII probe, mx-6 or 626. YOu may want to check for rotors for those cars, they should work

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”