BPD engine, recommended trans fluid for my protege tranny

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
MechaManZero

BPD engine, recommended trans fluid for my protege tranny

Post by MechaManZero »

What have you guys used in your turbo MX-3s gear oil wise. Someone said syncromesh cause they used it in their turbo Honda. What do you guys think is good for the tranny.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

redline mt90 i think,
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

RM used geal oil 80/90gear oil coastal it did its job on 475whp in a Bp trans.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Marlon wrote:redline mt90 i think,
2nd that. I ran it for 12,000 on my last transmission and if I hadn't of gone 5ht to 2nd instead of 4th at 80mph I would still be driving it... But I really reccomend it. I pay $11 a quart and it is worth every penny. When I drained it at 12,000 it looked completly clean and didn't even smell burnted like mineral or the royal purple crap I tried...
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Lucas 80w90 Gear Oil with 1 bottle of Lucas Trans Fix.

Took 400WHP for over 10,000miles and now taking 450+ WHP for a couple thousand additional miles. I've got 26" dia. wheels, 3-button metallic clutch disc, daily driven and sees SEVER shock loads. The Lucas Gear Oil by FAR shifts the smoothest of any lube I've ever used in any transmission PERIOD!

Red Line is pretty good but tends to be notchy shifting.
Mobile One is kind of like stock with slightly smoother shifting
Valvoline Durablend is decent but doesn't protect no wear near what the Lucas or Red Line does. (we broke a 16G BP powered Pro-LX trans pretty quickly with Valvoline Durablend but the Lucas has never failed).

I also HIGHLY recommend Lucas Heavy Duty Oil stabilizer in with the engine oil. Have seen AMAZING results after putting my first engine through hell and back! I even use this stuff when drilling steel because instead of flinging out of the hole your drilling and allowing the bit to burn up the Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer actually runs down the the drill bit to the hot spot! It doesn't fling off the bit like cutting oil either! :wink:

I used to be all about Red Line until using the Lucas products! The above Lucas mix also yeilds LOVELY results in 420A transmissions (Neon & non-turbo Eclipse, etc...) Those trannies have paper back syncronizers which degrade rapidly with abuse. The Lucas mix restored smooth shiftability to it and ceased further wear even with long term daily abuse!

The down side to the Lucas Mix is that for the first block or two of driving a stone cold tranny you need to shift very slowly as the oil film is very thick until after a little heat hits it. Then you good to go, bang gears as usual :driver:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

JW, you should be writing some faqs on this site, you know this right lmao. I'll go with your idea cause every person at my jobs swears on Lucas. Thanks man.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Your welcome
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!

Return to “Forced Induction”