roof hatch

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Zenox

roof hatch

Post by Zenox »

my roof hatch is defect. It sounds like the hatch engine(?) or a coq weel is just spinning and the hatch will not open... It needs "help", a little push, to get open. Even when I close it it needs "help" to get there...
And when I close the roof hatch, usually when it finish closing, if you still hold the button, it makes a noise, the same as when i try to open it...

Has anyone had a similar problem? Is it hard or expensive to fix?

Please ask if it's hard to understand what i mean, my english is not the best :roll:
Zenox
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I think you are talking about the Sunroof. Yes, that happened in my old MX and abit now in my new one. usually it has to do with the tracks on the sunroof getting worn. You may need to take it to a shop or get a new track.
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

mine does the exact same thing. But only when I try to close it, I usually just have to rock the switch back and forth a couple times and it will snap shut. I tried greasing it up a bit but it didnt help. Mine also squeels when it reaches the end of its travel.

Mine isnt bad enough yet that im going to bother fixing it any time soon though.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
Zenox

Post by Zenox »

solo_ryder wrote:I think you are talking about the Sunroof. Yes, that happened in my old MX and abit now in my new one. usually it has to do with the tracks on the sunroof getting worn. You may need to take it to a shop or get a new track.

hehe, I believe sunroof was the right word for it, yes...

did you fix it in your old mx? is it an expensive thing?
Zenox

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”