Pics of my K-Sport'd MX-3

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Slammed6

Pics of my K-Sport'd MX-3

Post by Slammed6 »

OK, i have been wanting K-sports for my MX-3...and everyone say they don't fit..it is not true i remember trying my Illuminas and Ground controls from my MX-6 on my MX-3 and made them fit with 1 slight problem...which is def not hard to overcome.lol.

So i recently got a deal on a set of K-sports and dropped my Dropzone/KYB setup. So after getting those i went to get all the hardware i needed to make this work...and a lil while later they are on the car and in full working order. So here is some pics of the Probe/MX-6 K-Sport suspension in full on a 93 MX-3 GS...wasn't very hard at all. :-D

Last edited by Slammed6 on January 25th, 2007, 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Wow that is awesome! How did you get them to work? Do you have allot of adjustability there?
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

There is a rediculous amount of adjustability..lol. And honestly they are pretty much a direct bolt on...beside one modification u have to do...which a trip to home depot or an industrial bolt place will solve.
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

We all knew the front would fit from a earlier post the question is did you get the back to fit ?
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

did u use the mx3 stock rear strut mount or did u drill some holes in the rear?

are the lower strut mounting points on the v6 the same as the pgt/mx6/626?

i remember way back when steve "tekguy" had illuminas on his car, he needed to get some spacers for the lower strut mounting point fabed up in order to have the illuminas mount properly. i dont remember if his car was a v6 to begin with tho... i am pretty sure he started with a v6.
hoffman_BMX89

Post by hoffman_BMX89 »

thats sweet hows the ride
95 Mx-3 GS [R.I.P.]
96 Mx-3 GSR [Sold]
97 Mitsubishi eclipse spyder [For Sale]
97 Saturn SL2 [Sold]
03 Corvette Z06 [Current toy]
98 Saturn SL2 [Daily]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2176731" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I am still stoked. I want to know how you did this though? Did you use the old rear mount?
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Lets see some daylight pics! :D
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
precidian

Post by precidian »

I would love to see the setup for the rears. Also some daylight pics as the others have mentioned.
Also can you elaborate as to what was done when you say "beside one modification u have to do"?

thanks.
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

You need to share how you got them to fit and if the rears fit. I've been wondering for a few months if I could use these or not. And i'm sure others have too.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Mazdaracer

Post by Mazdaracer »

that camber adjusment looks to be on the positive side....??
THINK FAST, GO RACING!!
2004 Mazda6 Wagon
2004 Mazda3 Sedan
1990 BG8P Protege LX - KLZE - Race Preped - #98 SM - SCCA Solo2
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

the ec chassis has a fairly aggressive camber curve, i bet he needs that much adjustment to get it within spec. i didnt want to use crash bolts for my street car on such aggressive suspension so even after an alignment my car had some extreme camber with the coilovers that u have on your car now.

dam i miss that suspension! u gotta let me drive your car one day.... :(
Mazdaracer

Post by Mazdaracer »

i wouldn't have thought it to be that different than the BG chassis...i have my Cusco plates slammed at max negative and i guess it to be around 3-3.5*... fricken car turns if you just THINK about it!!!

damn dude, i can't even find the time to get up to your place to get parts to get the car running again...but when i do, you're more than welcome to thrash on it ;)
THINK FAST, GO RACING!!
2004 Mazda6 Wagon
2004 Mazda3 Sedan
1990 BG8P Protege LX - KLZE - Race Preped - #98 SM - SCCA Solo2
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

i would think the mx3 has a bit more aggressive camber curve considering it has slightly longer lcas front and rear and im willing to bet it still shares the same top mounting points.

btw, my friend picked up the whole rolling chassis and took the engine and everything i had with it. the mechanic at his shop came by to help load up the car and told me the steering rack was worn and is not safe to use. i know u wanted the steering rack but im glad i didnt give it to you cuz it definately would not have been safe to drive.

for everything else tho, i waited as long as i could but the brand new ssr d5r's i bought for my car and my sisters car are developing permenant stains from the sprinklers. 8 d5r's are worth well over 8 times the value of the rolling chassis sitting in the garage with the extra engine and tranny. few month old and 8 ssr d5r's which are now all stained with calcium from sprinklers. :cry:

so wheres our other so cal member with ksports? can u believe it? 3 so cal members in one thread.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

OK, sorry everyone for not responding....been really busy.

I was not happy with the lowering of he K-sport springs on the K-sport strut....so i changed the springs out with another stiffer/shorter spring set...but am still using the K-sport strut and plate. I will upload the pics in a couple minutes.

PS. keep in mind the suspension and the setting i have on it are for DRAG raing...so i know its not even...it is meant to be like that..lol

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”