Ac wont turn on

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
XHurleyX

Ac wont turn on

Post by XHurleyX »

Ok i checked with a shop and they said the first time 80 dollers to fill her up i was ok then they found a leak 10 bucks then the cost on working on it 90 dollers then they find out that it wont even turn on im like WHAT they say 100 dollers and leave there for a day im like 280 dollers for ac IM GOOD but does any one have any idea why it wont turn on they say like everything is fine but it has to do with the button or wiring i think anyone got any suggestions
-Simon-
nolig2278

Post by nolig2278 »

20 amp fuse for the ad fan or the wire going to the fuse box in engine bay

6cyl is a 40 amp fuse
94 RS to BPT
2.5 FMIC
MicroSquirt
2.5 Exhaust
[url=https://gilon.levinsonltd.com/mx-3.html[/url]
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: Ac wont turn on

Post by cjthor »

XHurleyX wrote:Ok i checked with a shop and they said the first time 80 dollers to fill her up i was ok then they found a leak 10 bucks then the cost on working on it 90 dollers then they find out that it wont even turn on im like WHAT they say 100 dollers and leave there for a day im like 280 dollers for ac IM GOOD but does any one have any idea why it wont turn on they say like everything is fine but it has to do with the button or wiring i think anyone got any suggestions
Thats a loooong run on sentence. They fixed a leak for 10 bucks?? How did they do that? If the AC system doesnt turn on I would guess that you still have a leak and the system knows it is not pressurizing. Did they call you after they filled it to say it wasnt working? Was it working before you took it in?
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
XHurleyX

Post by XHurleyX »

no it was like a small part for like 10 bucks so i was like ok and they said it was ok its holding pressure and everything but it wont turn on
-Simon-
SpikeDerailed

Post by SpikeDerailed »

The A/C light wont come on if the A/C Compressor clutch wont engage. It wont engage if there is not enough freon in the system to compress. Before you have any place just add some freon, have them evacuate your system and hook it up to a vacuum pump. Your system SHOULD be able to hold a near absolute vacuum for around 20-30minutes. I five minute vacuum check wont tell you if there is a slow leak causing you to loose just minimal pressure over time.

Idealy you want your system to be able to hold a -28 or -29PSI vacuum for about a half hour. A -30vacuum would be ideal but a vacuum pump wont be able to pull a perfect vacuum on your system.

Assuming your system is properly charged and has no leaks you need to check the compressor clutch coil and bearings.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”