All motor K8

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
NeZmO

All motor K8

Post by NeZmO »

It's been up for a while but I found it to be pretty impressive for an all motor K8. http://videos.streetfire.net/search/323 ... 1c52ba.htm
mx almere

Post by mx almere »

Are you sure it is a K8?
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Repost :D
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
NeZmO

Post by NeZmO »

It's an educated guess. This is what I'm going on... 1.It's not a straightneck manifold. 2. From what I can tell it has at least a standalone. To brag about making 208 out of a ZE is pointless to post a dyno video. Plus the motor was taching 9 grand so there HAD to be some internal work there. Just thinkin you would see more out of a ZE or DE.
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

that is whp though and 200 is pretty good for a ze as most of u guys with ze's only have like 145 whp am i right?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

its got a curved neck ze intake manifold on it. nearly 10,000 rpm thats freaking cool!
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Its a KLZE btw..I made a post a few days ago about it. It dyno's 208whp yes whp not crank horsepower.

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
NeZmO

Post by NeZmO »

I know that the tubular looking manifolds for a 2.5 have a curved neck, but I haven't seen a flat 2.5 manifold (the ones with the V6 badges on them) that aren't straight neck. Am I not looking hard enough or do u have a link for one?
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

NeZmO wrote:I know that the tubular looking manifolds for a 2.5 have a curved neck, but I haven't seen a flat 2.5 manifold (the ones with the V6 badges on them) that aren't straight neck. Am I not looking hard enough or do u have a link for one?
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=46677
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

i think that 208 whp is awesome... but if it is a KL-ZE then it sould act like that.

Here in Portugal, it is not easy and certainly not cheap to change to a Kl-Ze ... so i decided to do a complete restauration of my K8 ( piston rings, valve sealers, valve springs... the works ... ) and then start thinking about aftermarket parts for it .
Gonna look for more rpm, more power and a bit more torque.
And i think i can see now, why some canadian and american guys here doubt i have a K8.
Here we use 98 octane gas... we have 98 and 95 octane gas ... and 95 is considered usable only for family car's.
If these figures were made with 93 octane, let me uograde my K8 annd let's see the flames :)
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Hoodzy wrote:that is whp though and 200 is pretty good for a ze as most of u guys with ze's only have like 145 whp am i right?

Nope 145whp is about de territory. Around 130- 145 whp.

Im at 162 whp and i was dynoed with a bad o2, closed idle screw and missadjusted accel cable... not bad.

Ive seen some dynos where people have made around 175 to 180 whp. I havent seen 200 whp n/a tho.. as of yet. I think ive seen 190 whp but the guy had cams heads and the works.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

YEah guys you have to remember, theres a diff between horspowe at the crank, and to the wheels.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”