KL V-TECH?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
klzekillerchris
BANNED Member

KL V-TECH?

Post by klzekillerchris »

Hello guys, I just switched over from the Honda's to the Mazda MX-3 with a KLZE. I like the power but I could use a little bit more and I was wondering what company I could contact to have a Acura Integra Type R V-TECH chip put in my KLZE.

Thanks for the help guys.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

:shock: u want an acura integra ecu like to control ur KL??? that wont work....
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
klzekillerchris
BANNED Member

Post by klzekillerchris »

fieromx3 wrote::shock: u want an acura integra ecu like to control ur KL??? that wont work....
No I want V-TECH inside my KLZE so it kicks in and I can rev to 10,000rpm just like in a type r. Come on someone has to have done it on this forum...
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I cant say that i have ever heard of anybody using an acura ecu on their KL. Just a guess but maybe because its a freaking MAZDA. If you want to rev the piss out of your motor and not make much power doing it i suggest staying with honda. If you do some research on this site you will find out that mazda has its own version of vtech called vris. Also you will find that reving the motor that high will gain you nothing but a broken motor. The valve keepers on the klze are prone to failure when reved that high.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
onderground_mx3

Post by onderground_mx3 »

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHADHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAhAhAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHahahahhaHAHHAhahahahahhaahhah!!!!!!!!!!!!one!!!!111ONE!!!!!!! :roll:
onderground_mx3

Post by onderground_mx3 »

this is a joke right?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

LOL
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Well lets respect what was said by the moderators on the guy who bought one header... He is new and may have a honest question.

In this case, there is no chip that you can buy that has a vtec effect. The vtec is a interal feature on hondas that lock a larger set of cam lobes to increase power after a certain rpm. The KL does not have that feature neither does any other motor that you can get for a mx3. The motors are designed to redline at 7k but honestly you do not need to rev that far, the powerband usually ends at 6500 so if you are rev happy then honda is were it is at, but we make more power at lower rpms so it evens out.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

better be glad I am not a moderator here... he would be banned from my forum for being an idiot.

I bet he's a troll.

Look at all of his topics/responses.. they are all meant to make us over-react and get mad at him..

:shock:
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

atlantamx3 wrote:better be glad I am not a moderator here... he would be banned from my forum for being an idiot.

I bet he's a troll.

Look at all of his topics/responses.. they are all meant to make us over-react and get mad at him..

:shock:
agreed. every one of the threads he posted in had something overly positive to say about hondas. i would be willing to put money on the likelyhood that he's still a honda driver trying to be cool by annoying the mazda guys. :roll:

perry, you should change your signature to "NO - a vtec cannot be put into your mx-3!" :lol:
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Chris, consider this as warning #2.
No warnings are issued for the 3rd time though......... understood?
If you have questions or concerns about this or anything, PM me.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”