How much hp and torque from 1 header?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

rebel2k4 wrote:Damn, you guys are ridiculous.
What? I didn't buy half a header without knowing, did I?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Man, this thread is messed up lol. It seems like someone made a mistake buying only one header which makes no sense at all. But was informed in a slighty rude and strange way. he may have wanted to post before he bought them, but in either case I would suggest that he take the header back to his "buddy" and try to get some coin back.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

solo_ryder wrote: I would suggest that he take the header back to his "buddy" and try to get some coin back.
With a the header in one hand, and a baseball bat in the other hand.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

lakersfan1 wrote:
solo_ryder wrote: I would suggest that he take the header back to his "buddy" and try to get some coin back.
With a the header in one hand, and a baseball bat in the other hand.
Hehe thats right :idea:
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Ok.. I dont mean to be rude here.. but serious.. did you really pay $250 for a single header? Was it even ceramic coated? Sorry.. but this whole thread falls into the WTF?!!? catagory..

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

i can sell you the other half of the header 750 :)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
klzekillerchris
BANNED Member

Post by klzekillerchris »

Okay guys just clam it with all the jive. All i asked is how much hp gain I would get from 1 header, I must gain something, I mean the 4cylinder guys get gains with only replacing one manifold with a header cuz you have to take the motor out to replace the manifold in the back. I guess my buddy got this header custom made by Greddy, he is going to call tomorrow and check on a price for the other side, he is guessing around $450 brand new. So that won't be all that bad... My buddy told me he gained around 35whp off these custom Greddy headers with no other mods so I'm expecting around 50whp...
Mxtacy

Post by Mxtacy »

Yeah guys if you can gain power off a single header on a 4 cyl why couldnt you on a v6 aswell? Honda guys are paying upwards of 1500 bux for rage,hytech,smsp,rmf,anr and full race headers so how is 250 a bad deal? You guys need to shut the f--- up and go do some research before you start yapping about s--- you dont know. As for the deal klzekillerchris i say u made out alright, try and find the other half if you can and go for it if not it might be a little harder to adapt one stock and oneheader but you will def notice some gains without a doubt.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Actually.. I have been researching headers for my GS for the past 3 weeks. The MOST EXPENSIVE COMPLETE SET I have found were only $500. For a complete set. And those are ceramic coated. So Guess what? I do know what the hell I am talking about and maybe your the one that needs to get a freaking clue. If you read the freaking Exaust backpressure FAQ stickied at the top of this forum.. maybe you could even learn WHY you shouldnt run a single header on a V6 engine. Dumbazz.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)

ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

Snap!
No more MX-3.
Mxtacy

Post by Mxtacy »

I guess they only make quality headers for quality cars......
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I guess they only make quality headers for quality cars......
Again you show your ignorance. There is not a single set of headers (at least that I have found so far) actually made for the MX-3. They are all made for the MX-6 or the ford probe. It just so happens that they work for our application as well. And if anyone thinks a single header, let alone a set of headers, will actually produce 50whp. I have some righteous HKS/Greddy window stickers that are guaranteed to reduce the aeordynamic drag of your car so much that you will pick up an additional 15whp!!

Tunes67

PS.. I am done with this thread.. but I leave you with one piece of advice.. learn to research if your going to be working on your car.

Mxtacy

Post by Mxtacy »

Where did i anywhere state that i could get 50 whp?
Also your sticker comment goes without saying.... I remember hearing that being said like 9 years ago.

Ps. I'm quite glad your done with this thread i was tired of listening to your dumbass anyways. To the op do what you want you will notice gains. But not very much, regardless of what captain tunes67 says it will be better then stock so i'd say go for it.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

Tunes67 wrote:
And if anyone thinks a single header, let alone a set of headers, will actually produce 50whp.
Tunes67
he didnt say YOU said it he said anyone.. and a header will NOT give 50whp... not ANY header willgive 50whp. to answer ur question with one header u might gain like 5whp...lol the difference isnt noticeable. i say take ur header back and buy nice stainless for like 250 bux for the COMPLETE set...
Last edited by fieromx3 on August 22nd, 2006, 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
klzekillerchris
BANNED Member

Post by klzekillerchris »

He's calling on the other header tomorrow for me! I can't wait... He has a set of 19" rims I am buying also so now I won't spin with the extra hp I get from the headers. He has a set of 215/35/18's he is going to sell me with the 19" rims he says I can squeeze them on without a problem.

So within the next week my car is going to be wicked fast with custom greddy headers and a pimped a-- set of 19" wheels.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”