Turbine Speed Sensor?

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
JHetfield

Turbine Speed Sensor?

Post by JHetfield »

has anyone had experience with this part going bad? if so what were the consequences of it? how does it effect the way the tranny shifts/drives? I've tested resistance, and it is fine...but my ecu tells me there is something wrong with it...this is all coming from an error code 55...hold light flashes sometimes...but it seems to be rare as of late...

thanks guys
-94 GS 1.8L Black
-69 Pontiac Firebird 400 Turbo
JHetfield

Post by JHetfield »

anyone?? no one??
-94 GS 1.8L Black
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Sorry man.. but I dont have an answer for you.. however.. On the 15th.. my bankruptcy is filed with the courts.. I should be buying my Headers same day.. and then when the headers arrive.. oh yes.. then I get to put my GS back together.. :2thumbsup: :welder: Then paint and rims and stereo and I will have my daily driver finished for the next 10 years :D

Tunes67

Btw.. that means I will have my ATX ready to go for you around the end of the month or so :D Cheers
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
JHetfield

Post by JHetfield »

k...I'm still driving it to its fullest...just waiting for it to let go...I've started to ignore the light flashing...

hey Tunes...what does burning ATF smell like?
-94 GS 1.8L Black
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Thats tough to describe... but I can tell you how to smell it.. drip a little ATF onto your exaust manifold after your engine is fully warmed up. Then take a nice deep whiff.. not quite the same as when it burns inside your tranny.. but close enough to give you an idea.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
ariesdude

Re: Turbine Speed Sensor?

Post by ariesdude »

JHetfield wrote:has anyone had experience with this part going bad? if so what were the consequences of it? how does it effect the way the tranny shifts/drives? I've tested resistance, and it is fine...but my ecu tells me there is something wrong with it...this is all coming from an error code 55...hold light flashes sometimes...but it seems to be rare as of late...

thanks guys
This might be relevant -

Summary of TSB 01098
SOME VEHICLES MAY EXHIBIT ERRATIC SHIFTING, O/D OFF INDICATOR LIGHT FLASHING WITH MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP ON AS A RESULT OF THE VALVE BODY HARNESS (TRANSAXLE FLUID TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT) BEING PINCHED BY A METAL CLIP WHICH IS ATTACHED TO THE TRANSMISSION CONTROL VALVE BODY, CAUSING A SHORT / OPEN CIRCUIT.
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
JHetfield

Post by JHetfield »

where is this TSB from?? and to what vehicles does it apply?
-94 GS 1.8L Black

Return to “Transmissions”