Can i make it louder?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

Cy wrote:FYI... we're in canada.. there is no emissions (far as i know)

only inspection which requires a cat be on.. (doesn't matter if there's a pipe right through it..) Also.. if you make it louder, put a resonator on it...
ontario has e-testing every 2 years
normally for a properly set up ZE we still need it tested as a hotrod
but i guess if you recently did the e-test then you have a good chunk of time to play w/ it b4 having to fix it
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

thats why i love my state no e-testing at all!! :D
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
TXMXBROS

super loud mx3gs

Post by TXMXBROS »

i've basically opened my exhaust completely and its on the verge of f1 car loud.... i have side exit exhaust, so my exhaust as a whole is easily 2 ft shorter, upon high rpm shifting and heavy decel a nice 3ft fire ball reminiscent of GP racing can be seen. easily heard 4 miles away if not more, took 3 days for every ricer in town to start askin who i was and what i had. only cost me $80 US...
No! it's not a Honda!!
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

lol, I have a ractive muffler on one of my cars that a previous owner put on. It's loud, but, I don't much care for it being loud. I'd rather have everyone think it's a slow car until I hit the gas :lol:
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

RizzeRocket wrote:Nd4SpdSe we met up in niagra last weekend , did my exhaust sound loud?
:) yours was louder than mine
Not really actually. Lol, mine was loud for a few months and fixed last year.

BTW, almost every place I've heard, emission testing or not, the car has to be equipped with the emmission control system that the car originally came with. Even the classics that are 20+yr E-Test except must carry a cat if the car was originally equipped with one. If not, it's a $500 fine.
Deimos wrote:ontario has e-testing every 2 years
normally for a properly set up ZE we still need it tested as a hotrod
but i guess if you recently did the e-test then you have a good chunk of time to play w/ it b4 having to fix it
My ZE, when i got it e-tested last year, passed the e-test with stricter limits that my K8 e-test 3 years ago, and passed with flying colors.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
greenstorm

Re: super loud mx3gs

Post by greenstorm »

TXMXBROS wrote:i've basically opened my exhaust completely and its on the verge of f1 car loud.... i have side exit exhaust, so my exhaust as a whole is easily 2 ft shorter, upon high rpm shifting and heavy decel a nice 3ft fire ball reminiscent of GP racing can be seen. easily heard 4 miles away if not more, took 3 days for every ricer in town to start askin who i was and what i had. only cost me $80 US...

lmao. before i went to the shop, i had built my own side exit too with just a GLASSPACK

it was LOUD AS HELL. and i know what youre saying about f1 loud haha. kinda almost like rally car
what kind of car IS that?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”