Technafit SS Brake/Clutch Lines ---->> Group Buy

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Mazdaracer

Technafit SS Brake/Clutch Lines ---->> Group Buy

Post by Mazdaracer »

Hey Folks,

I'd like to introduce a new group buy going on right now. It's for Technafit SS brake and Clutch Lines. These are high quality, DOT certified lines.

I have started this thread to have an open forum for discussion, questions, etc. pertaining to the GB.

Please visit this thread in the MX-3.com GB forum for all the details along with pics of the lines.
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=53357

If you have a question, just post on up and i'll reply as best i can in a timely manner.

Thank you.
THINK FAST, GO RACING!!
2004 Mazda6 Wagon
2004 Mazda3 Sedan
1990 BG8P Protege LX - KLZE - Race Preped - #98 SM - SCCA Solo2
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

+1 for Daryl ( think that how you spell it)

He's an admin over at imazda.com and used to be over at ClubProtege.

If I didnt already have all those items, I would buy them from him!
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

Im in...pm sent :wink:
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

Shipping to Norway for all items? Brake lines front and back (rear disc) + clutch line.
'92 GS
My worklog
Mazdaracer

Post by Mazdaracer »

Atlantamx3: Thanks Perry! (it's Darryl, but it's still said the same :wink: )

Spinkx79: Thanks, PM replied

verzutiko: Shipping to Norway is an additional $10
THINK FAST, GO RACING!!
2004 Mazda6 Wagon
2004 Mazda3 Sedan
Mazdaracer

Post by Mazdaracer »

I'd like to reiterate the payment process.

Since MX3.com rules require a 5% donation, please wait until i send you a confirmation with a total before sending in your payment.

thank you.
THINK FAST, GO RACING!!
2004 Mazda6 Wagon
2004 Mazda3 Sedan
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I am in for a clutch line :) Will have the cash on the 8th :)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

You have PM. What about warranty? What if anything happens to them? We all remember Frankos incident. Not saying that it will happen to these, but I want to know these things.
'92 GS
My worklog
Mazdaracer

Post by Mazdaracer »

Tunes67: No problemo, i'll be here.

verzutiko: The lines are warrantied against any manufacturing defects for the life of the lines. However, they do not cover road hazard damage or normal wear and tear.

I am no familiar with Frankos incident, but it doesn't sound good...I have been personally using them for about 4-5 years on my race car, and alls good.

Always double and triple check your installation and line clearance. Since my wheels go on and off quite frequently, i always take a look at the suspension and the brake lines when i do. But it's pretty easy to look through the wheels every so often and check things.
THINK FAST, GO RACING!!
2004 Mazda6 Wagon
2004 Mazda3 Sedan
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

i'm not too familiar with anything basically

what are going to be all of my pros with going with these lines? clutch and brake?

any cons??

easy to do myself or how much to get a mechanic to install them?

is it pointless to just get rears or just get fronts??

and this is jsut for a daily driver thats driven pretty hard ahah
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
Mazdaracer

Post by Mazdaracer »

this should help with some info for ya Hoodzy

Frequently asked questions about stainless steel brake lines

What are stainless steel brake lines?
There are a number of descriptions of this product, but for our purposes we define this product as follows: stainless steel braided brake lines, are made using teflon hose. Teflon hose has an extruded teflon core, with a stainless steel wire braid around it. The ends are then permanently crimped on each end.

What are DOT approved hoses?
There are many claims of DOT approved hoses. A couple of items to note. If the hoses are claimed to be DOT approved, a good way to confirm this is to ask for a DOT number. If they actually are DOT approved, they will have a DOT number issued to them. Most hoses are what they call DOT certified, which means that they meet or exceed the Dot certification that is outlined in FMVSS 106 specifications. This means that they have been tested in accordance with those specifications and submitted to the Department of Highway Transportation for recognition. These tests are done independently of the DOT.

Why use stainless steel brake lines?
There are some advantages to using stainless steel brake lines; one is reduced volumetric expansion. Overtime and under continuous use, OEM rubber lines can swell and expand, exposing the driver to brake fade. The rubber cover is also vulnerable to attacks from the ozone layer (rubber deteriorates and causes a failure). In extreme applications (Auto X, racing, hard riving) rubber hoses might susceptible to debris, thus causing failure. Stainless steel hoses give some protection from these issues.

In some applications, where you have modified your vehicle (lowered, raised, or changed some major part, I.E. calipers) your only option is have custom lines made for your application. Also, in some cases it is hard to obtain OEM style rubber lines for some older applications.

Why get lines that have a plastic cover on them?
Having a plastic cover over the stainless steel lines gives added protection from flying debris; it also gives some abrasion protection from the line rubbing on suspension parts, in extreme braking conditions, with full compression (most movement of line).

As for the install, it's pretty easy. You'll need a buddy to bleed the brakes after installing the lines, but thats the hardest part...and even thats really easy. It could be done in a day by a beginner with a service manual at hand.

Not really pointless, the fronts do do most of the braking, and well, if the budget says only 2 for now, then it's not too terribly bad to wait to do the other 2 later. But it is best to do all 4 to keep consistent pedal feel and get the full benefit of the SS lines.

Even for a daily driver, SS lines are helpfull. Having a better pedal feel for feedback helps alot with braking. It won't make you stop any faster, but helps alot with braking with better control.

cons...? not really. I have never compared prices to OEM lines, but i'd hazard a guess they are close or less than OEM...thats all i can really think of. I guess install can have a drastic effect as well, but that doesn't really have to do with the lines.

Just make sure you check and dbl check all bolts/nuts/screws are tight and have been put back in the proper places (no left over parts!! :lol: ) and that the lines have proper clearance and follow the steps for bleeding the brakes, you'll have many trouble free years of operation.
THINK FAST, GO RACING!!
2004 Mazda6 Wagon
2004 Mazda3 Sedan
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

ok sounds good... whats the clutch line gonna do for me??
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
Mazdaracer

Post by Mazdaracer »

pretty much the same thing the brake lines do, better pedal feel, consistant clutch engagement, no line expansion, longer life.
THINK FAST, GO RACING!!
2004 Mazda6 Wagon
2004 Mazda3 Sedan
Mazdaracer

Post by Mazdaracer »

Just wanted to let you guys know i posted up pics of the red and blue sleeves (no clear or smoke samples yet) So now you can see exactly how the sleeves look.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... 148#371148
THINK FAST, GO RACING!!
2004 Mazda6 Wagon
2004 Mazda3 Sedan
Mazdaracer

Post by Mazdaracer »

Good news fellas!!! All the lines have been shipped out today!!!

Included:

LooseChangeRacing
Spinkx79*
verzutiko*
jordan69*
Hoodzy*

* = Out of country orders. I will be away all weekend and back later afternoon Monday, I will re-ship Tuesday to you guys.

The list is all clear for new orders for Phase 2!!!

Thanks for supporting this Group Buy!!
THINK FAST, GO RACING!!
2004 Mazda6 Wagon
2004 Mazda3 Sedan

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”