Coilover and Strut question

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
onderground_mx3

Coilover and Strut question

Post by onderground_mx3 »

So i'm going to be picking up a set of ground control coilovers but when i looked at there website it asked which strut your going to use does anyone know if we can get tokico illuminas or kyb agx's for the mx-3? Or does anyone know of another adjustable strut/shock that we can get that will work with the ground control coilovers?
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

No and no. Only Tokiko Blue and KYB GBR. The only ADJUSTABLE one we have available is the Koni inserts or Mazdaspeed. Mazdaspeeds are hard to get your hand on, though.
onderground_mx3

So what does everyone recommend to pick up to use with the ground control coils then?
Mazdaracer

Post by Mazdaracer »

I'd recommend the ZX2 S/R Tokico struts with 250#/200# spring rates.

The reason they ask is because the body is a different diameter between stock and Tokico's, so there is a different sleeve used.
THINK FAST, GO RACING!!
2004 Mazda6 Wagon
2004 Mazda3 Sedan
1990 BG8P Protege LX - KLZE - Race Preped - #98 SM - SCCA Solo2
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

They also cut the coil perch if you tell them you are using ZX/2 struts for some reason. I don't know why as it doesn't seem to need ot be cut, but...
I've ridden in cars with most of those and I like the ZX/2 second under my MS. The MS are not sold anymore that I know of. CorkSport was the only place to get them before and they are not listed anymore b/c they said MS was out of them and not making any more.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
onderground_mx3

bumpity bump anyone have any suggestions?

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”