Toga HV Oil Pump

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
1992blazeredgs

Toga HV Oil Pump

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I recently purchased a toga hv oil pump for my klde rebuild. And since than have heard numerous horror stories about it. I am wondering if i would be better off returning the toga, and just shimming the oil pump that came on my de, and spending the money i get back from the oil pump on an after market oil pressure gage?? Anybody else think thats a good idea?

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

That sounds like a good plan. And a quality oil pressure gauge is only like $60 for an Autometer with electrical sending unit.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

GET THE electrical guage. I bought a mechanical one and it was a PITA to get it to quit leaking. It started on the track (the worst place it could happen). With the action I wasn't getting a chance to look at it under WOT and thus didn't notice an issue. Until I got home and found a oil puddle under the car. It ended up about 2 quarts low.
Also, make sure you get the metric adapter for the pressure sending unit. I think the thread pitch was 1.0, but double check using the stock sending unit to measure from.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

are electrical gauges always better than mechanical ones?
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Steeb wrote:are electrical gauges always better than mechanical ones?
Yes, unlike you like running coolant and oil lines to your dash.
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I called flatlanderracing today to check into their return policy on the oil pump. The lady i talked to said she had never heard of any complaint ever about the toga oil pump and said they sell tons of them. So i told her about the bad rep on probetalk and she wrote down the site name and said she would look into it. So hopefully something might be done about the toga oil pump for the kl.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

1992blazeredgs wrote:I called flatlanderracing today to check into their return policy on the oil pump. The lady i talked to said she had never heard of any complaint ever about the toga oil pump and said they sell tons of them. So i told her about the bad rep on probetalk and she wrote down the site name and said she would look into it. So hopefully something might be done about the toga oil pump for the kl.

Nate
No complaints my a--. Every single one of those people on PT bought thiers from Flatlander, and many of them gave thier responses from when they CONTACTED Flatlander about thier blown up engine. Either that lady just started working there this week, or she's completely full of s---.

Edit: Went back to the Toga Failure thread on PT, and one guy even posted an email response from Flatlander with the employee's name. So I know the lady you talked to was full of crap.
Last edited by lakersfan1 on July 31st, 2006, 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

never had a problem with mine :?
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”