Tinting?

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
thedog300

Tinting?

Post by thedog300 »

How tinted can out cars be in ontario? Thank you. Do you think tint is worrth the extra money, and the extra comfort in the summer? Thank you.
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

depends on u'r interior colour (lighter interiors can have darker tints since u'll b able to see the brighter colours easier)....techncially the cop needs to b able to see inside (thats what the tint guy told me anyway)

mine's a 30% tint, not incredibly dark but still good.
not sure if i noticed a huge diff in summer comfort however since i always have my windows down
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

legally you can only have 15% max on front side windows none on front windshield except for top sun screen all other windows are free game.

the highway traffic act states that window tinting can in no way prevent a police office from being able to see in to a vehical at night or in poor lighting conditions. so if you get a anal cop they will try and make you get out and remove the tint from the window, if they do refuse to do so if the cop gets pissed off at your refusal wores case you will get a ticket then just have to fight it in court(you'll win most of the time) even better the cop tries to remove your tint him self and without a warrent or him stating that your underarrest you can charge him with damage to property, wrongfull detainement, and police brutallty. all charges will hold up in court with a good lawyer you'll get a huge settelment and that cop will lose his badge

reaper
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

The driver side and passenger side window cannot be any darker then 35%. The rear window can be as dark as you like and if you had 4 doors the rear two windows also could be as dark as you like.

That being said, on my old MX-3 I used to have it at 5%, it was dark as hell and I never had any problems with police b----ing about it in. In fact the entire time I owned it and all the times I had been pulled over the Cops never said anything about the tint even once. I think the key is to make sure your window is lowered completely before he comes up to you.

On my new Lexus I have the windows tinted at 22% which is not quite as dark as the mx-3 but it is dark enough and looks classy. Also at 22% the cops are less likely to b---- at you for it. I was recently pulled over about a week ago and not a mention about the tint.

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”