Question........

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3njchick

Question........

Post by mx3njchick »

I have a question and I dont know if this is the right topic to put this under I bought a 93 Mazda Mx3 V6 engine. heres my problem, well one of many: I was driving and all of a sudden my left windshield wiper stopped working. It tries to move but just cant. Is it the arm, motor what? Its hard to drive w/out a windshield wiper. and if anyone can help, I'm also having problems with my passenger window. It barely goes up and down and 99% of the time it gets stuck for about 5-10 mins. Do I just need a new motor? AND last, I had no air conditioning. I had some of that stuff put into it to recharge it, and now it makes a weird sound every time Im idling in gear. Do I need to replace something on this? If anyone can help id appreciate it.
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

ok your wiper prolly needs tightened, or the treads are worn out, so check the nut to make sure it's tight. As far as the window problem it is probably your switch going bad as that is very common in our cars. What ind of sound is your car making?
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Ur wiper arms are connect my long rods that pop in with little ball joints, that connect to the wiper motor. Sometimes they can come loose. U cant see them from the outside.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Antwawn is right, but it is more likely the nut or the threads that hold the wiper to the motor that are worn out. Check that first.

As for the window. the passanger side does not usually wear out. Lubricate the window slides by taking the inside door cover off. Get some white lithium grease in a spray can (must be in a spray can). Then spray a small amount of grease all the way up and down the slides. Roll the window up and down a few times and it should free up and roll smoothly. DO NOT force the window with your hand or by holding the switch down. It will ruin the motor.

As for the AC, you need to take it to a AC shop and let them take a look at it. Maybe take your Dad or boyfriend with you so that you know you are being treated fairly. Turn the AC off and make sure the AC switch is off so that you don't burn anything up until you get it fixed. You can use the fan if it still works, but don't have the AC switch on.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
PatMX3

Post by PatMX3 »

What kind of Mx-3 are u driving MX3NJCHICK?
"93 Mazda MX-3 GS. Special Edition* 1.8L
Color -Rasberry Metallic. P-START Ignition*.
EuroLITE Dash Gauge* 77,000/m
#2nd Mx-3 Owner.
Mazda. Get in. Be M o v e d .
mx3njchick

Post by mx3njchick »

I drive a 93 V6 1.8L

thanks everyone btw for the help. i figured out the windshield wiper. something was loose and now i can actually drive in the rain! haha
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I guess I'll differ slightly from Pat's suggestion for the passenger window. Spending 5 very soggy years on Vancouver Island had prompted me to ensure I had very lubricated window slides. The best solution I found was to use a silicone spray. Initially sprayed liberally until it oozes out of the door drain holes and using the excess lube to wipe down/clean the track in the process. Finish up with a light coating and you should be good for a few years at least.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
ktmrider

Post by ktmrider »

That's a good start!
The AC is most likely in need of further charging. The weird noise could be the compressor clutch engaging/disengaging due to low line pressure. Like suggested the best bet is to ( gulp ) take it to an HVAC shop and have it pressure and leak tested.
93 MX-3 1.8L V-6
FREE!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”