ZE problem, bucking under load

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I agree Pat, that is why I wanted to get everyone opionions here. Timing does sound very interesting. I will get a timing gun and time it this weekend for sure. I will also check my tps. It is strange it is was the disty as it still runs. As I know from previous experince and also from what I know, if the ignitor goes dead the car will not start.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Hey, I was wondering if it could be a faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor as that is a code that I ran when i checked for CEL's?
purplemx3gs

Post by purplemx3gs »

I had a bucking problem on my k8 that sounds all similar. It was my tps. I just had to reset it and it worked fine! But remember do do a reset every time you unplug your battery cuz it messes it up!
Matt

Post by Matt »

Not sure if this is fixed. But mine is doing the exact same thing. Its a ground problem under the hood. check all the grounds for the engine.
purplemx3gs

Post by purplemx3gs »

I know i talked to other MX3 people and Probe ppl and they said that the car will buck at low rpms and under great load, but u can help prevent this by making sure to set your tps regular and keep the revs up while going up a hill!
purplemx3gs

Post by purplemx3gs »

Forget my last 2 posts, its not the problem. I've come to a conclusion that it is either the o2 (oxygen) sensor or Catalytic converter, but most likely the o2 sensor. I plan on getting it replaced asap so when i do ill let you know if that fixed my bucking problem! Ive talked to lots of guys with all different cars including MX3s and they all said it was the o2 sensor.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”