BP-T Prices

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
breenmachine

BP-T Prices

Post by breenmachine »

Hi, I'm looking to get a BP-T sometime soon to put in my 96 DOHC. I was wondering if this one is suitable and a decent price http://www.jdmsource.ca/v2/product.asp?ID=35

I wouldn't be doing this swap myself, I'm going to find someone to do it for me so would that come with all the parts they would need (Engine, transmission, ecu, wiring harness)? Thanks.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Most come with a eng.& awd transmisions which u have no need for. some come with a harness most never supply a ecu.

but this place sells what u need http://www.japanracingengines.com/engineview.asp?id=69 the trany is probly a awd trans. cost about $1200.00 and that doesn't include S&H.

Paying someone to do the swap for will cost u more from $1,000+ at a shop just hope they know a thing about Mazda. or they will screw it up. there are write up in the 4cly FAQ if u take the time to srech for all the info.

the guys here a noturaios for talking smack for newbies & dumb ? and ? that have been answered many times over.

the site seems to be good nice price hope they send everything they say it comes with but u only have 30 days to find out it the engine good. U do know that S&H will cost in the hundards.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
breenmachine

Post by breenmachine »

I've been reading about doing this for a while trying to figure things out. For the transmission though can you use your stock transmission or will I need another one? I found a place that sells BP-T engines about a 7-8 hour drive away which I'd probably be willing to take for the free shipping and being able to look at it first.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

U can use ur stock flywheel&clutch&transmission they will bolt up to the BP-T u'll have to be carefull not to push it really hard all the time due to the fact that the f-series trans u have is not the strongest trans mazda made. but u can use it temparlly untill u find the better g-series trans found in the 90-94 mazda protege LX. u'll need the flywheel&clutch&transmission & the top transmission mount and the halfshaft and axles both sides. the F&G series trans use different top tranny mounts but the front and rear they use the same mounts. reason why u need flywheel&clutch is beacuse the f-series use a 20spline and the G-series uses a 22spline. So they not interchageable for both tranny. but the F&G series trans will bolt up to the BP-T or BP.

Note the hub spline are the same protege 90-94 mx-3& V692-96 but the transmission spline driffer in size. like the g-series splines are bigger than the f-series splines. so when it comes to axles hup spline same other end that goes into the trans itself are different.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

Definitely check out http://www.jdmenginedepot.com and look into Wolf 3d engine management system. The Haltek is oldschool and its gonna be hard using the stock harness. The Wolf 3d you can get with the harness and handcontroller (no laptop). A guy over in Long Island New York is going to have the maps for a bpt from a gtr. I am pretty sure the shop is called Wayne Speed. They sell the Wolf 3d and they have a site and it isn't coming to mind right now. I got my gtr for 1700 that is including the shipping price.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”