Shannonville

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Lesley

Shannonville

Post by Lesley »

I was at Shannonville Drag strip last night, saw a couple of nice mx-3s... anyone from this site?
Great night for racing but the bugs were awful!!!

(I was the black dakota with the Boyd rims) :)
92 Mx3 GS KLZE 5 speed
97 Dodge Dakota - Boyd rims, custom built 5.9 360, custom tranny with kevlar guts and shift kit. Too many upgrades to list.
92 Mazda 323 - winter beater

mx3 by Leadfoot Lesley, on Flickr
alleycat29

hey

Post by alleycat29 »

i wasnt out there... but my buddy was he isnt on this site yet... gotta get him on here... he ran well...
Lesley

Post by Lesley »

Did he have a black mx with a KLZE swap? If so, he was behind me in the staging lanes a couple of times.
92 Mx3 GS KLZE 5 speed
97 Dodge Dakota - Boyd rims, custom built 5.9 360, custom tranny with kevlar guts and shift kit. Too many upgrades to list.

Rye2552

Post by Rye2552 »

ya that was probly Waide. really fresh blackish paintjob? i think his user name is Prospectmx or something like that. Good guy!
Lesley

Post by Lesley »

Yes, with corvette-looking aftermarket gills on the front fenders. Very pretty car.

I didn't speak with him, but one of my friends did. Once the sun started to go down, I stayed in the truck, safe from the bugs which were horrible.
92 Mx3 GS KLZE 5 speed

Rye2552

Post by Rye2552 »

ya hes one of my close buddys sick Mx-3 you uh should chat with him next time you get the chance cool guy. wait till the next races :twisted: im gettin a mx-3 soon with the DE so i want to see what it can do against these ZE's
Lesley

Post by Lesley »

I took mine to Mosport last weekend, our motorsports club had an hour of lapping during lunch at one of the race series.
These little buggers handle really well. Mine is definitely underpowered - on turn 5 which is a wide sweeping uphill, I fell way behind. By the time we reached the Castrol centre though, I had caught up. It's so flat that even turn 2, which is notorious in the way it dips abruptly to the left and drops, threatening to fling you off into the trees... no problem in the mx-3 which handles like a go kart.
I'm thinking a KLZE engine swap is in its future.
92 Mx3 GS KLZE 5 speed

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”