AZ-3 1.5 clutch

Eunos 30X/Presso/Autozam AZ-3 Discussions
Farmelle

AZ-3 1.5 clutch

Post by Farmelle »

I have seen other posts about it being the same as the 1.6 clutch, however...

I am in the UK and have an AZ-3 1.5 (E-EC5SA - B551-5) but I am having trouble sourcing a clutch for the car. No one in the UK seems to think that the 1.6 clutch will fit, but they say that about everything on this car ;)

I have been looking at Clutch Net in the US and have pretty much decided on this disc and this plate. What I want to know is if people have any reviews on this clutch/plate, if they think it will fit (all measurements seem to add up, but there is always something), if its worth the extra USD181 to ship it to England (does UPS cost cover import tax?) or if people know of a better/equiv clutch available in the UK.

This is primarily a road car, but I want a bit more go in it, and the standard clutch pretty much sucks arse. Its also done 120k miles and its not is any fit state to go back in the car ;)

While I am on the subject of Clutch Net clutches, would the Fiber Carbon or Organic (which it currently seems to have) be a better bet, considering that I start a new job soon that will force me to drive 40k miles a year :'(

If anyone is interested in what I am doing to the car then there are some work in progress shots at car.farmelle.co.uk, including pictures of the current clutch (or what’s left of it)

Paul.
Brian_warner@btinternet.c

Post by Brian_warner@btinternet.c »

Here's a tip to finding correct parts cheaper.

Ring your local Mazda dealer and speak with the spares department, give them your chassis number and get them to give you the price and availability of the part for your car. When they quote you the silly prices they normally come out with, take a sharp intake of breath and say, "thats dearer than I thought, I'll need to wait until next pay before I can afford that, can you please let me Know the PN so when I can afford it, I'll know what PN to quote. Once the nice man gives you the number, get on the WEB and search for after market parts. Most manufacturers can cross reference against manufacturer numbers. That way you always know you are getting the right part!!!!

Good Luck... :D
Farmelle

Found one finally

Post by Farmelle »

The 1.6 clutch and plate fit the B6 1.5 just fine. Though its probable that you will need your flywheel resurfaced as my B6 has a slightly raised (only about .5mm) friction surface on it and the replacement I had suggested a flat plate, but thats not really the important part.

Running it in now and (other than a small amount of judder in first) its just fine.

Return to “Eunos 30X/Presso/Autozam AZ-3”