new owner. some questions

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jricoctg

Post by jricoctg »

i was just on corksport again and there is the 1.6L B6T engine. any comments about that particular motor. from what ive searched, most of the problems with swapping come from going to a I4 to a V6. but what if u just upgrade to a more powerful I4? would that make the swap much easier? I cant figure out if the B6T is already turboed, or just allows it to be turboed. wut about the B6D? wut kinda power are these engines putting out? anyone still use em. i think im missing something though. seems to me they are "outdated."

also while searching, most places i found include everything u need to do the BPT swap. unless im wrong...if its true any very easy than all my questions are answered.lol
illapino

Post by illapino »

jricoctg wrote:god, i wish engine swapping wasnt so damn hard on an mx-3. i dont kno a whole lot about swapping, but is it as hard as this with everycar. ive never heard of so many engine swap problems. u need to buy the engine, ecu, tranny ,basically the whole thing. better off finding a junked v6 and fix it up. lol it might be cheaper.
find a junked v6 and fix it up?
the whole point of an engine swap is to make the car go faster.
fixing up a v6 isn't going to make it go faster.
illapino

Post by illapino »

nevermind.
i just realized you have the 4 cylinder MX-3 and now see what you were aiming at.

v6 = ~45 horsepower more than yours.
like mine for example
:lol:
jricoctg

Post by jricoctg »

exactly. im not looking for a V6. the install is too complicated. 40-45 HP is enough for me to work with, unless the install to the B6 is just as complicated. can it be modded?
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Some people turbo the B6, hence B6T. This is alittle risky due to the fact that once you hit 200 hp, your internals won't be doing so good esPECialy on a high milage engine..

Now the BP and BPT (t= turbo) is a differnt story. The internals can handle much more, and the BP-T is rated somewer around 200 hp as well...The bp you can pick of for cheap, and custome turbo it yourself if you'd like..

Don't junk your car just cuz you want a V6. Dave Lauzier was killing vipers with his mx-3, and it was a 4 cyl...
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”