Trany cooling question. Need help asap.

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
Estiee

Trany cooling question. Need help asap.

Post by Estiee »

Hey guys/girls.

I have 30x V6 Auto on which radiator has gave way, so i looked around and no one in my country has the auto radiator. My only option was to get a manual radiator and a seperate tranny cooler, which i did.

My question is this, since i dont use factory tranny cooling anymore but use a Mitsu MAgna V6 tranny instead, will this be enough to coll it down?

Also where on earth do you mount these tranny coolers as theres not much room in front of the radiator/ac cooler etc? (atm its hangign on by wire but its very bodgy so any mounting advice would be most apreciated.

(Its a small size typical cooler that you get after market may you be wondering of size.

Thanks in advance.
Estiee

Post by Estiee »

anyone?
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

When I got my aftermarket tranny cooler, the auto repair shop installed mines right in front of the radiator. The cooler came with 4, about 8" plastic like screws that they ran between the cooler and radiator fins for a secure fit. I'll take a pic tomorrow when it's daylight outside again and I'll post it here so you can get a visual on what I mean.
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

Instead of placing one pic here, I decided to send a few pics, just in case you or anyone else needed a few views to DIY.

Hope these have help you.
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

ditch your ac your gain a huge amount of room in front of yourt rad and your engine itself will run a hell of alot cooler. the ac condenser in front of the rad limits alot of air flow to the rad. if you hadn't already got the cooler i was going to tell you that there is only one rad for our cars to add the trans cooler lines you have to get them from mazda they are a dealer item only mine costed me 160 can because of the stupid fitting on the one end i could make my own out of brake tubing ( aslo i was to lazy that week to even try so i might be possable to make)

Reaper
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.

Return to “Transmissions”