KL-ZE

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
thedog300

KL-ZE

Post by thedog300 »

Can you swap the stock 1.6L motor for the KL-ZE as easily as can be done with the V6 version of the Mx-3? thanks
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

can you do it, yes, can you do it easy, no.

you need the whole v6 front subframe and tranny, as well as the wiring harness, ecu, and all the other v6 specific parts, it just isnt worth the time, when you can get a bpt for a few bucks more and make a few more ponies.

Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
Juggalomastaxx

Post by Juggalomastaxx »

Pretty much if you bought a 4cyl stick with it (like me) and just turbo the somebeech. It's way worth the time to just do that instead of swapping. I had a friend attempt it with 99% of the parts and didn't work.
D323

Post by D323 »

Bochek wrote:can you do it, yes, can you do it easy, no.

you need the whole v6 front subframe and tranny, as well as the wiring harness, ecu, and all the other v6 specific parts, it just isnt worth the time, when you can get a bpt for a few bucks more and make a few more ponies.

Bochek
No need to swap subframes.... thats a myth.

Engine
Tranny
axles
ECU
Engine harness
Engine Acessories
3 of 4 engine mounts and brackets
...and probably some other small crap I am forgetting.... only reccomended if you have a donor car or a plethra of Mx-3's at a j/y.

I know this b/c I swapped a BP into a Mx-3 GS. If you have done a B series swap in a civic its kinda aloong the same lines... it has alot of little crap that you need that can mess you up... but if your good with your hands you'll be fine.
GS + BP + T3 + 9lb flywheel - some dead weight = ;)
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

D323 wrote:
No need to swap subframes.... thats a myth.

Engine
Tranny
axles
ECU
Engine harness
Engine Acessories
3 of 4 engine mounts and brackets
...and probably some other small crap I am forgetting.... only reccomended if you have a donor car or a plethra of Mx-3's at a j/y.
did u swap the crossmember and motor mount bracket (to that of the 4cly model) that what i did to a BP in a GS MX-3 racingmazda 475whp@18psi
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”