Pakfeifer Sides Question

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Bling Bling

Pakfeifer Sides Question

Post by Bling Bling »

I just received the sides from Oscar and did a rough fittment on the car but noticed that the back part around the door sticks out over an inch or so. He told me that the fitment would be very good and that no one else had issues with this part. I just wanted to ask if anyone has also had this problem or what advice I could use to fix this problem. :?:
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: Pakfeifer Sides Question

Post by jschrauwen »

Bling Bling wrote:I just received the sides from Oscar and did a rough fittment on the car but noticed that the back part around the door sticks out over an inch or so. He told me that the fitment would be very good and that no one else had issues with this part. I just wanted to ask if anyone has also had this problem or what advice I could use to fix this problem. :?:
Stacy, are these the actual Pakfiefer sides or fiberglass copies of the oem ones?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

when i had mine put on, they took a sheet metal screw and drilled it to my car on the part youre talking about. then it was filled over and painted. i'm assuming thats the way it's done since that shop does show cars all the time, ie they didnt do some half@$$ work. but yea.. when they're on they don't really come off again
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

btw, i don't know why its never discussed, but the fitment is NOT perfect and always needs some work. in my case, it needed a LOT of work (i have the full pak 2 kit). about $1000 worth, on fitment alone. i got a second bumper, and it still needed to be fitted, though not to the degree my first one did, which detracts from the argument that something was wrong with my car in the first place that resulted in a bad fit.

it looks great now, but i did feel like i got shafted with a lot more than i was looking to spend.

generally the nature of fiberglass means you'll never get a mint fit -- don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

Yeah I agree. With my other kit parts I had alot of fitting issues as well. I asked Oscar what ammount of body work would be needed and he said very minimal and stood by what he said. I didn't want the hassle of 1o extra hours just for prepping. As far as the actual make, he said they WERE Pakfeifer sides.
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

So I took the sides to the body shop and he figures it's going to cost about $1000 for all the prep, paint, and mounting of these bad boys...just because they don't line up properly. I mentioned the rivets for holding in the areas that don't make contact with the body, but he didn't like that. I just want to know if these should line up without using rivets?
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

no they shouldn't. I had them on my car and like you said the rear part didn't touch the car but lengthwise it was very good. They were just kinda torn but in my case I molded the kit so I didn't really care about that. Rivet would be nice
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)

Return to “Appearance”