Wierd Pipe Setup on V6

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
LooseChangeRacing

Wierd Pipe Setup on V6

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2330498

anyone else think this is a wierd piping setup, is that bend not reducing ALOT of flow?
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

Nice setup. Nice kit. Not a big fan of the wing though lol. you should have gotten the mazda stock raised spoiler... would've looked classier with that kit.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

That is not LooseChange's car, you can tell from the plates.
I've heard that it is not so much the degree of one bend, but the total degree of all bends added together that makes a difference. That is not a fact and I've not been able to find a definate answer on it, but that is what I was told once. However, that bend does look pretty extreme.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

just an FYI, thats a mazdaspeed wing, or a clone of it.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Man who else has like 32 feet of intercooler piping??
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

i dont care if it is a mazda speed lol those high wings look horrid. :P
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

i think that wing looks decent on the mx3...but not super....heh lotsa better choices.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

cjthor wrote:Man who else has like 32 feet of intercooler piping??
we have no choice with our v6. With the turbo sitting high beside the disty, the compressor outlet and the intercooler outlet (or inlet depending on the wich side you're using as an inlet) is FAR from each other.my piping length was similar to that just behind the rad instead of in front.
Solution to this : both inlet and outlet on the same side
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

the wing is lame. grill looks good but y not just put a ram air at the end of the intercooler and not worry about the bend?
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.
Cy

Post by Cy »

oh-hell wrote:the wing is lame. grill looks good but y not just put a ram air at the end of the intercooler and not worry about the bend?

exhaustmani-turbo-pipe-FMIC-Pipe-IntakeMani...

you fit me a Ram-Air scoop in that equation and i'll give you a noble prize
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

babyblueMX3 wrote:
we have no choice with our v6. With the turbo sitting high beside the disty, the compressor outlet and the intercooler outlet (or inlet depending on the wich side you're using as an inlet) is FAR from each other.my piping length was similar to that just behind the rad instead of in front.
You guys are so weird. What I would do is get a full SS exhaust then go:

Turbo-pipe-water injection nozzle-pipe-tb

you guy still insist you guys "need" ICs, when you don't. Look at most of the turbocharged drag cars, they have water and alcohol injection...
Cy

Post by Cy »

BuGS wrote:
babyblueMX3 wrote: you guy still insist you guys "need" ICs, when you don't. Look at most of the turbocharged drag cars, they have water and alcohol injection...
because most of us don't just drag our cars and we don't want to have to keep a 50L tank of gas and water :-/...
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

BuGS wrote:
babyblueMX3 wrote:

you guy still insist you guys "need" ICs, when you don't. Look at most of the turbocharged drag cars, they have water and alcohol injection...
water injection is good for drag cars. it's just not pratical for everyday use. I don't see myself filling a water/alcool tank every day !
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

I prob have about 5-6 feet of intercooler pipe the way i did mine..im to lazy to measure probabaly even less.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

babyblueMX3 wrote:
BuGS wrote:
babyblueMX3 wrote: we have no choice with our v6. With the turbo sitting high beside the disty, the compressor outlet and the intercooler outlet (or inlet depending on the wich side you're using as an inlet) is FAR from each other.my piping length was similar to that just behind the rad instead of in front.

water injection is good for drag cars. it's just not pratical for everyday use. I don't see myself filling a water/alcool tank every day !
Who says you need to fill it everyday?? A tank of water with water injection lasts you about 2 fill ups of gas. And then all you use is the Windshield washing fluid, just the 50/50 mix without any detergents and you are set. There are numurous RX7 guys using it because you get like 5 degree C air instead of close to 30 degrees C...

So, it is not just for drag cars. and BTW, I live in a Muscle town City where there are 100s of fixed up muscle cars. Most of them use water injection with their supercharged cars so they can push 500+whp out of a small block 350 and still drive them everyday without blowing the engine...

Return to “Forced Induction”