Niagara Meet

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Trevor

Niagara Meet

Post by Trevor »

Sun June 25th at 6:30pm Reaper of Souls, Mazda_95 and I are meeting at Tim Hortons on Lundy's Lane in Niagara Falls then we will be heading to NoFrills for Cruise night. So if anyone wants to come they are more then welcome. Hope to see you there.
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

cool i need people around i need to show off my dirty dirty engine but also my home made intake

Reaper
Greg
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
reaper of souls

alright i hope that more ppl are coming out on sunday

Reaper
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Flashpoint said he was comming and I might possibly bring a new guy.
reaper of souls

well aint this fing fun i'm not going to make it out tonight unless someone has a rad that i can put in.just got home from driving around fr s bit pull in the driveway and i hear a pop then see smoke turn off the car pop the hood and then ntice a niced hole in the side of my rad and coolant flowing out all over the bumper .
it starting to get hard tosay that love my car

Reaper
Greg

PS if anyone has a extra rad lying around a would like to get rid of it for around 100 bucks (it all i have to my name) and are in the niagara falls area, please feel free to give me a call on my cell 905 351 3747
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Sorry can't help you ............ lol

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

reaper of souls wrote: got home from driving around fr s bit pull in the driveway and i hear a pop then see smoke turn off the car pop the hood and then ntice a niced hole in the side of my rad and coolant flowing out all over the bumper .
Very strange. Hard driving before hand? When was the last time you did a rad and coolant flush ..... not a drain and fill, but a rad/coolant FLUSH? Did something puncture the rad? I'm still on my original rad nearing 300,000kms on it. I drain and fill one year and then flush and fill the next ..... and so on for the last 10 years. Never had a hose fatigue on me either...... touch wood!!
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

id love to but no car and the annual meet cruising with the caddy dont help with the money lol
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
reaper of souls

no for once i wasn't driving hard it was the factory rad and the last coolant flush had some really nice rusty colour to it but my theromstat failed and wouldn't open so the rad just riped open on the driver side.

oh well got a ne wrad coming tormorrow and got the ac crap riped out so not all bad

Reaper
Greg
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

reaper of souls wrote:no for once i wasn't driving hard it was the factory rad and the last coolant flush had some really nice rusty colour to it but my theromstat failed and wouldn't open so the rad just riped open on the driver side.
oh well got a ne wrad coming tormorrow and got the ac crap riped out so not all bad
Reaper
Greg
Sorry to hear. Sounds like the old lack of maintenance routine finally caught up. Up to 14 year old cars just aren't as tolerant as newer cars are and need that extra TLC to maintain is reliability. For the cost of a thermostat, mine gets replaced every year too. Small price to pay for reliability.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
reaper of souls

oh well s--- happens i've just been to busy trying to mantain the engine it's self to keep it living . But by the looks of the way its going this may in fact be the last year for the girl she'll be hitting 300k in the next month and repairs are just going to be getting more frequent no matter what i do and i just can't afford to keep up with them they out wiegh the ieda of a newer car . i love my mx don't get me wrong but working in burilgton and driving back and forth for 6 months didn't help with the life span of my engine. So once i have enough for a new car or at least to get aproved for a loan there will be a post on a part out for my baby, no way in hell she'll be worth selling compleate so everyone start getting you lists ready for what you need!!!!
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

dont part er out, sell it whole. please.

Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
reaper of souls

if i can get a good price for her i'll sell her whole the only thing for safty she needs in new horn ( i don't know if they give anyone a hard time with my dash the lights are on a switch and they work) but other than the milage on her the engine is clean has had a rebuilt bottem end before i bought her. the only problem with the engine is that the valve cover had a crack in it but i had it refilled so it dosen't leak anymore

Reaper
Greg
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

BUT BUT

Then I'll miss you saying "you like spinning your wheels don't you Deb"

LOL

DEB :(
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”