Triple Guage Pillar Pod

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

Has anyone else purchase the triple gauge pod from http://www.Gaugepods.com? I just received mine today and it required some light cutting to fit correctly. I was loking at it closely and all they do for autoseatbelts is cut out a little section, perhaps you could call them and request that they not cut out this small portion? IMO that would be alot easier then custom making your own. It might not be as cheap, but it would probably turn out cleaner and would be alot easier.

-Curt-
1993 GS
-MS front -functional molded hood scoop
-MS molded sides-shaved antenna
-Civic projectors -New black paintjob
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

What you have to do is get the guages first, then go to a place like home depot and check to see if they will fit. Then you can find the right one that does fit. Then you use the three L shaped pieces of the plastic piping and mount them on the stock plastic pillar. Then get some material from a fabric store that is stretchy and stretch it over the whole thing. After that take three pieces of pvc piping that will fit inside the L shaped pieces you originally used and insert them inside each L shape (this will help create the final shape or the guage pods). Then coat the entire fabric with fiberglass resin. Add a few coats to ensure strength. Then remove the pvc piping you inserted into the L shaped pieces (do this after the resin has cured). Then sand it (this will prob take the longest time depending on how you want the pod to look. You might have to add body filler to the outside to get is perfectly smooth. Once its all sanded, primered and painted you'll have a Tripple guage pod with an oem fit.

I have never tried this, but I have had some practice with my LED taillights Im currently working on. This is how I would go about making the pod, but I'm sure there are about a billion ways to do it.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

You know, that gap isn't too bad. Considering I have beige pillars, I should try to fill that then sand and paint it. I was expecting something bigger, but I think that's managable

Thx for the pics tho!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

No problem man, Good luck. 8)
1993 GS
-MS front -functional molded hood scoop
-MS molded sides-shaved antenna
-Civic projectors -New black paintjob
Matt

Post by Matt »

dtio
coolshyguyhere
BANNED Member

Post by coolshyguyhere »

i have no idea what everyone is gabbing about but mine look great in my car, you have to get a look at them

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_im ... 7_full.jpg
BANNED FOR TALKING TRASH AND SPAMMING.

Return to “Appearance”