OMG SOMEONE ROBBED MY CAR!!!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

mxmaz wrote:Your car must sound and smell like shat, i doubt its worth it for the extra 1hp.
Thats not very nice. :?
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

atlantamx3 wrote:
mxmaz wrote:Your car must sound and smell like shat, i doubt its worth it for the extra 1hp.
Thats not very nice. :?
lol i didnt mean it as an insult. I am speaking from experience, i just had a carsound hi flow cat put on my car in place of the test pipe that was on it because it made it sound and smell like crap. There is no power difference at all on the butt dyno, actually throttle response is better down low with the cat on. And now my car doesnt sound like a tin can and no more stinky exhaust fumes when i am stopped.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

I dont understand what everyone is talking about when they say your car must be loud as hell, actually its just as quiet. And as for a smell, no smell at my engine is pretty new. And as for any performance differences, i cant tell as a i did a number of things at 1 time (like i always do) so i do have better throttle responce, the motor seems to have a bit more power.

But the same day i did my test pipe i also did my msd digital window switches, Redesigned the way my CAI fits in teh car with a bigger 3" k&N filter, and gave it a full tune up so i dont know what gave what, i plan on going to the dyno soon to find out if the money invested was actually worth it. I'm pretty sure it is, since right now i am runnign the same numbers as guys with headers and full exhaust to where i only have 2.5 from the test pipe back. headers and MS are next on the list.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
noreaga0221

Post by noreaga0221 »

There should be no different smell unless you run the exhaust throw the drivers seat. And while there may be minimal power made, I'm sure theres a couple mpg that he picks up.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

noreaga0221 wrote:
There should be no different smell
Like i said, i am speaking from experience. My car almost made me high at stop lights when i was running catless. This was in my integra which is obd2b and has a secondary o2 sensor which was disconnected at that time as well.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”