Beware stainless brake lines..

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

franko has his rights, if a company cant handle answering there own emails at a steady pace, which there isnt anything wrong with that, then maybe they should re-think being a business at all, customer comes first whether by phone or email. and well, some business people are losers when it comes to a potential lawsuit, they pick up and run, so i can see why hes worrying. i can see both points.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Tunes67 wrote:What ever^^^ <--- post this and then add a disclaimer at the end of your post that you arent trying to piss anyone off? Ditto.. What ever.

Tunes67
exactly! lol

thats what a disclaimer is for :2thumbsup:
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

mazdamx3sohc wrote:. and well, some business people are losers when it comes to a potential lawsuit, they pick up and run, so i can see why hes worrying. i can see both points.
I think Corksport has been around as a company longer than you have been alive. just an fyi
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Boris

Post by Boris »

IMO corksport must get hundreds of emails daily. Between the amount of salespeople working there, that's a lot of emails. Not to mention all the phone calls they must get, along with other job requirements working there. I mean, if they DID end up responding to the email, it must mean that they are just swamped with emails and couldn't reply very quickly.

This circumstance could have happened anywhere...crappy tire, napa, etc... I wouldn't rag on corksport too hard.
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

OK so yeah you got a bad product one out of I have no clue how many people probably have Corksports SS lines from RX7s, RX8s, Proteges, MX6s, MX3s, ect Mazdas they work on.

And yes they are going to be a while responding. I can tell you why cause I have worked in a couple garages and auto parts stores, when there is a lot of business, they don't have time to get in touch with everyone. I mean like we have had times in the desiel garage where my boss had to run out and do services calls and we would be loaded with work. We were getting out at like 1 am starting work at 8am everyday for weeks from monday thru saturday. We had to push back on schedules cause we were down a worker. Sometimes so jammed that we couldn't even pick up the phone. Now imagine adding an online business to the work we were doing. It's kind of like saying OK guys screw the work that needs to be done it is official email time. By the way that was when I was getting like 60-70 hours a week.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

BuGS wrote:What I would like to know if how they were installed? I know a lot of guys that make serious bends with them, and or don't have them aimed right and the rim pinches them and brakes. There are countless guys on here that have broken their SS lines cause they didn't install them right. But ya man, give CS some time. They have been going through employee's and are just finally starting to get started back up I guess...
Thats why I didnt do it myself, I brought the car to a performance shop and watched them install the lines. There were no harsh bends in it or anything. It broke on the rear passenger side where it connects to the steel line. Not at the wheel but the other side.
The pedal just went right to the floor, Scary stuff. I had to pump it like crazy to get the car to stop. I wasent mad or anything.. but I never thought that those lines would be the thing that would give out. I feel bad now actually because I dont want to damage corksports name or anything. Im just posting my experiences and Im sure that corksport will look after me on this.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

I have nothing but good experiences from corksport.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

If CS want to have an online presence they need to be able to respond to issues like this quicker. If that means taking on another staff member, so be it. Either that or get the business the hell off the internet. A week is too long. It is disgraceful.

Franko, I'm glad your alright and remaining reasonable about this. Lucky it happened to someone who knew how to respond and pump the brakes. Imagine if it was someone else who had no clue and we had a funeral on our hands?

Wonder how CS would have responded then?
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

your fyi is not necessary.
Last edited by mazdamx3sohc on June 23rd, 2006, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

mazdamx3sohc wrote:you fyi is not necessary.
Can you please translate that into something understandable? I know its coming from a 19 year old who doesn't want his posts taken seriously and feels it necessary to say so in his sig but???
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

If you went to there website and dialed the phone number you would have had this problem resolved. 1-360-260-2675. If I had this happened I would have called man. Screw the E-mail. If you had such a major problem why did you e-mail. It's kind of like saying my house is on fire let me e-mail the fire department. By the time they get the message my house would have been level. It is only as serious as you make the situation.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

you fyi is not necessary, moron. and whats in my signature is a joke between me and my friend. i think your taking this whole thing way to serious, therefore, you have no right to confront me about my age.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

mazdamx3sohc wrote:you fyi is not necessary, moron. and whats in my signature is a joke between me and my friend. i think your taking this whole thing way to serious, therefore, you have no right to confront me about my age.
you ??? dont you mean YOUR???? come on lets not call names here.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

ImageReviewing the submitted pic again. IMO, it appears that the "performance shop" may have improperly installed this braided teflon line. It's evident that there was undue stress at the point where the braided cable enters the fitting which could also indicate that there was undue stess placed on the fitting as well. It fatigued at the weakest point in that area, namely the braided line. Therefore, it appears that not enough free run was left for the suspension travel between the solid line fitting on the fender well and where the braided line attaches to the strut. Now, did the performance shop mirror the exact run length of the rubber lines and then and an additional amount of run to compensate for the lack of flexability of the braided lines over the rubber or was it measured identically inch for inch and run length for run length? If the latter, than that could be the cause. Or, the installer may have inadvertantly left too much slack of the braided line between the strut and the caliper and not enough between the strut and the frame. Or was it a case that the supplied line from Corksport was too short and the installer did the best that he could given the circumstances? If it was the correct line supplied by corksport, than perhaps the attention should be drawn toward the installer and not the product or supplier of that product. I'm not sure why there is such concern to be so focused on corksport in the first place. Has everyone already assumed ahead of time that it's a product failure. Look at the pic again. The reason being is that I'm privy to many aircraft accident reviews (after the fact) and have seen numerous pics that are mandated to be taken of fatigued parts - control rods, heim joints, braided rubber and braided teflon lines, etc. That's why I'm leaning towards improper installation or improper length of product for the intended duty and not defective product supplied. If the fitting/braided line connection was improperly done and the ferrel was not properly installed inside the line, than the line would separate from the fitting. But that didn't happen here and the tension on both the fitting and the braided line appeared to be the same, therefore confirming improper configuration when installed.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Here is the install on the driver side rear. It was exactily the same on the other side where it broke. It dosent look like its under any stress at that joint to me.

A little fuzzy but you can see the curve...

93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”