Bleeding a Cluch

Other - General Mazda Discussions
CarMan1

Bleeding a Cluch

Post by CarMan1 »

hey, im curious how hard it is to bleed a clutch.. i did it with my dad, so i kind of remember how to do it, but he since then has passed away, and im working on cars with my brother now.. i remember we hooked a hose up to one end, i pushed down, then he put his finger on the end of the hose while i let the pedle up, then we pushed the pedle down, and so on and so forth until it was good....

also one more question.. if i yank a engine completely out, do i have to rebleed the breaks and stuff? or can i leave all that attached? thanks for any answers u give me :)
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

How to bleed a clutch:

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=41540

As for yanking a motor, pulled mine and did not have to bleed the clutch or brakes, pull of the slave cyclinder and your good to go.
CarMan1

Post by CarMan1 »

hey thanks alot for the information, i didnt think it was that hard.. and im not only gunna yank the engine, but im taking the transmission out too.. i might stick the b6 back in, or i might swap it to a BP, i need to find a source of income atm.. otherwise im gunna strip down the B6, and see if i cant find a set of valves and lifters, cuz mine are loud, and causing me alot of problems..
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Yea I am not sure how it works for a 4cyl, but i pulled my v6 motor and tranny and I just unbolted the slave cyclinder and moved it aside.

Return to “General Mazda”